Does anyone feed dried duckweed to their buns?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GBov

Reaction score
I have much of the stuff and have found information on the nutritional values for feeding it to rabbits but no first hand accounts from people ACTUALLY feeding it.

So, anyone here use the stuff?

This subject comes up from time to time, but I have never known of anyone who has actually fed it to rabbits. Duckweed is rich in nutrients, but if I were going to try it for rabbits, I would feed it first to a rabbit destined for freezer camp. I'd be more comfortable feeding it to ducks, geese and chickens.

Please, please, please.... If you decide to give this a try with rabbits, would you be kind enough to let us know how it goes? It could really help with natural feeding in winter, since duckweed can be grown in tanks indoors.

MaggieJ":feqlhpae said:
This subject comes up from time to time, but I have never known of anyone who has actually fed it to rabbits. Duckweed is rich in nutrients, but if I were going to try it for rabbits, I would feed it first to a rabbit destined for freezer camp. I'd be more comfortable feeding it to ducks, geese and chickens.

Please, please, please.... If you decide to give this a try with rabbits, would you be kind enough to let us know how it goes? It could really help with natural feeding in winter, since duckweed can be grown in tanks indoors.

I am indeed going to try it and I will letchall know how it goes.

When I dry it, how best to press it into an easier shape to feed, do you think?

Latest posts

Back