Does any one know about Havanas?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivory

Reaction score
I bought some rabbits at a sale, two separate lots, but they were both labelled as New Zealand, well I knew perfectly well they weren't NZ, but they looked in good shape and I like them.

One doe and one buck are jet black with broad faces and soft silky fur. They weigh about 8lbs at a guess. On Wednesday they gave me a litter of kits

But when I put my hand in the nest and pulled one out I was so shocked I almost dropped it. It was tiny. Maybe half the size of the kits I'm used to.

I have looked at lots of pictures, and read the breed descriptions and think these may be Havanas, but as I have never actually seen a Havana rabbit in real life I'm not sure.

If I can remember to buy a new memory card for my camera I will post pictures, but as they are black rabbits they may not show up too well.

The other rabbits that I bought are smaller, maybe 6lbs, they are grey, and also have soft silky fur, but it is very thin and lays flat against their skin.

These rabbits are very prolific and always breed true. I wondered if they might be mini satins, whatever they are I am sure they are purebreds of some sort.

Havanas are a smaller breed like Florida Whites and Dutch and built along the same lines. I understand that Havana sports (REW) are shown as Florida Whites sometimes

3mina":15r1o36i said:
Havanas are a smaller breed like Florida Whites and Dutch and built along the same lines. I understand that Havana sports (REW) are shown as Florida Whites sometimes

Oh, well that puts the kaibosh on my Havana theory.

Thanks.

3mina":3qw3tzfl said:
Now you need to post pics so we can have fun guessing what they might be ;)

I promise to go to Wally world tomorrow and buy a new memory card for my camera.

The Havanas at the sale I went to yesterday were nothing like I was expecting, plus they didn't look in the greatest shape, so I didn't come home with any rabbits, but I couldn't resist 6 Speckled Sussex hens.

Latest posts

Back