Doe with "shriveled" parts = older?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a doe that was part of my first batch of rabbits. I didn't have a clue what I was doing or what I was looking for... She ended up with a litter of 11 the first time! That was in February and hasn't been bred since. I have put her in with a couple different bucks over the last couple of months but she just won't raise. She's not aggressive, just not at all interested. I checked her vent and it's looking a bit... shriveled. Could she just be too old at this point?

heritage":1y440sza said:
I have a doe that was part of my first batch of rabbits. I didn't have a clue what I was doing or what I was looking for... She ended up with a litter of 11 the first time! That was in February and hasn't been bred since. I have put her in with a couple different bucks over the last couple of months but she just won't raise. She's not aggressive, just not at all interested. I checked her vent and it's looking a bit... shriveled. Could she just be too old at this point?

Not an expert here but I too got a senior doe to start out. I know she's two years old and her vent looks like a severely dehydrated raisin. She's a super producer so it's either--that's typical for her age or typical for having so many litters.

Latest posts

Back