Doe sore between front toes

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueHaven

Reaction score
I noticed my doe (with litter) was shaking her front left foot often. I checked it and its red, chapped and sore between her front toes. Her other foot is a little bit the same way. I took away her salt spool as she won't leave it alone. I thought maybe her licking it was just making it salty and sore.
I put a tiny bit of antibiotic ointment on both her front feet this morning. Not sore underneath, hocks are fine.
Could she be board and just licking them to much. She has a rest mat, but I will try a carpet for awhile.
These cages are brand new, so I doubt they could be causing this.
What can I give her to do toy wise? I need to keep her mind off of licking her feet.

Ring worm (a fungus) and sarcoptic mites often start their infestation on the toes :(

It could also be a bacterial infection

Is she on a wire or solid floored cage?

She is on wire. Never thought of ring worm (has none anywhere else), or mange.
If this does not clear up in about seven days, I will take her in.
She drinks a lot of water, (but is nursing seven, three week old kits), and she is molting, but seems fine otherwise. <br /><br /> -- Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:08 pm -- <br /><br /> What I can't figure out is,, why are these two does going so crazy over these salt spools. I have had them a month, and the doe with the litter has eaten the entire thing, and the jr. has eaten at least half of hers.
There is salt in their feed, I figured they would not want so much. Its weird. The rabbits I had as a kid hardly ever messed with them at all. The pellets I use, have 0.75 whatever of salt, so they were getting some.
So much for salt spools.

Latest posts

Back