Doe screaming after buck falls off??

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ek.blair

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone else every had a doe who screamed as the buck was falling off? I put one of my does in with the buck last night and everything seemed to go normal, but while the buck was falling off the doe screamed! SO high pitched it hurt my ears :shock: After that she would run around every time he tried mounting and when she finally did stop and he caught up she would not lift. He also a little seemed a little less enthusiastic about it his job after it. My buck does have a tendency to grab at the does with his teeth right when he ejaculates so maybe he just bit down a little too hard?
This is the does second time being in with the buck. She has had one litter that is 6 weeks old and the breeding for them went just fine, he bred her three times in about 20 min of being together and she lifted for him each time.

ek.blair":q4nzgltm said:
Has anyone else every had a doe who screamed as the buck was falling off? I put one of my does in with the buck last night and everything seemed to go normal, but while the buck was falling off the doe screamed! SO high pitched it hurt my ears :shock: After that she would run around every time he tried mounting and when she finally did stop and he caught up she would not lift. He also a little seemed a little less enthusiastic about it his job after it. My buck does have a tendency to grab at the does with his teeth right when he ejaculates so maybe he just bit down a little too hard?
This is the does second time being in with the buck. She has had one litter that is 6 weeks old and the breeding for them went just fine, he bred her three times in about 20 min of being together and she lifted for him each time.

Hopefully she's not a Netherland Dwarf and he's a Flemish Giant. If so, that might be the problem. :lol:

Assuming they are the same size maybe it's like you said that he bit her.

I've heard a buck let out a little scream but never a doe.

If my doe keeps running away, my buck will give her a bite in between the shoulder blades, which keeps her still. But I've never heard her scream. :shock: :rabbit-hop3:

jimmywalt":2wy4xpgq said:
Hopefully she's not a Netherland Dwarf and he's a Flemish Giant. If so, that might be the problem. :lol:

Assuming they are the same size maybe it's like you said that he bit her.

I've heard a buck let out a little scream but never a doe.
They are both Silver Fox ;)

Bucks grabbing at the does is to be expected.
I've had bucks scream, but not does.

Did you flip her over and check her vent to make sure everything was OK down there?

I hadn't flipped her last night, but after trying again tonight and attempting to hold her and her grunting and wriggling hard to get away I gave up. I flipped her when I pulled her back out tonight and everything looks normal.

the reluctant farmer":31mqqii7 said:
Any cuts between her shoulders where he might have bit and broke skin?
nope, I checked for that right after it happened because that was my first thought, but I didn't see any blood or anything.

I had a polish doe that screamed after the lionhead buck fell off. They were about equal size and I didn't see aggressive biting or bleeding afterwards.

I've had a couple do this. I think it's because the buck is a little eager and may have "pushed in" before she was ready and it could have hurt.

Latest posts

Back