Doe on Day 35, Please Help!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunny_lover

Reaction score
hi i have a dutch doe and she is 35 days pregnant, i feel her babies moving. is
BLUE COHOSH a plant or is the medicine we buy at Walgreens? please help, need to save her and babies :oops: :cry: :cry:

Attachments

• 450.jpg
    450.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 419
Bunny_lover, I split your post off into a new topic, because the other one was almost a year old. I will send you a PM to give you a link to the new topic.

I know nothing about Blue Cohosh or whether you can use the extract with a rabbit. I'm with Dood... put her back with the buck and see if she will breed. It just might get things going.

This might seem overly obvious, but are you absolutely certain she is at 35 days? Was she ONLY with the buck ONE day and you're certain what day it was? I'm new at this, but I know that with MOST mammals, as long as she seems healthy and active, you do not want to interfere with her Labour schedule.

I know she is pregnant, i can see her babies move. She is not making nest or pulling fur. She is always sleeping, she is eating and drinking water good. When i mate her with the buck i put her twice and both time the buck did his job. I have been giving her tums and parsley. I'm going to try putting her back with the buck and see what happens. It's her first time being a mommy.

What you may be seeing is just her intestines and such moving around. I have been fooled many times myself by this. It can totally look like something is moving around in there when in fact there isn't.

Great didn't know that part. Will put back with buck and see. Thanks for letting me know. :bunnyhop:

bunny_lover":bn38miya said:
I know she is pregnant, i can see her babies move. She is not making nest or pulling fur. She is always sleeping, she is eating and drinking water good. When i mate her with the buck i put her twice and both time the buck did his job. I have been giving her tums and parsley. I'm going to try putting her back with the buck and see what happens. It's her first time being a mommy.

Can you FEEL the babies move? This close to her delivery date, you should be able to very obviously feel the little kits moving around in there. The fact that she has not made a nest or pulled fur indicates that it's very unlikely she is pregnant. You say that you put her with the buck twice... was that on different days? I would count the very last day you put her with him as the impregnation date, if she is indeed pregnant.

ok so i put my doe back with the buck and now she is the one on top of him. silly tho... the buck mate with her but now shd us the one that wants to go on top of him, what could it be? <br /><br /> -- Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:09 pm -- <br /><br />
Syberchick70":ft8oewqi said:
bunny_lover":ft8oewqi said:

Can you FEEL the babies move? This close to her delivery date, you should be able to very obviously feel the little kits moving around in there. The fact that she has not made a nest or pulled fur indicates that it's very unlikely she is pregnant. You say that you put her with the buck twice... was that on different days? I would count the very last day you put her with him as the impregnation date, if she is indeed pregnant.

Well i though i saw them move but i think it was false alarm. I just put her again with the buck and the buck fell down but now she is the one that wants to be on top of him

That's very common behavior for rabbits. They will even 'hump' each other if they are both female. Have you seen a successful mating before? If not, you may want to watch this video http://youtu.be/XyPwS1OqWys take note of the way the buck gives a powerful thrust and kind of falls off her at the end? That means he um... 'did his job'. If you don't see that, she's not bred.

Just to be safe, it's probably a good idea to leave a nest box in with her. If she's just pooping in the box, clean it out every few days.

Well i though i saw them move but i think it was false alarm. I just put the doe again with the buck and the buck fell down but now she is the one that wants to be on top of him. This is nuts :lol: :shock:

Syberchick70":2cvq7snc said:
The fact that she has not made a nest or pulled fur indicates that it's very unlikely she is pregnant.
I had a doe that completely ignored the nest box until she went into labor. Then suddenly nestfurbabies! And I do mean suddenly. :?

bunny_lover":2cvq7snc said:
Well i though i saw them move but i think it was false alarm. I just put her again with the buck and the buck fell down but now she is the one that wants to be on top of him
Yep, exactly what Syberchick said. Sometimes a doe will do that to a buck just to make sure he knows who's boss, and sometimes she'll do it because she wants to be bred and he's being lazy. :roll:

At this point, since the buck fell off, I'd go ahead and put her back in her cage. Hopefully, this will get labor going... assuming she is pregnant. :)

thank you very much, i just put her in again with the buck and he umm well you know :lol: and after that i put her back in her cage. I'll keep update on how it goes. Thanks so much for the help

if she doesn't kindle in the next couple of days, remove the nestbox and in another 25 days put it back in and expect youngsters. :)

I just thought I would reply to the original question - Blue Cohosh is a plant, and I'm not sure at all how the liquid you show would be used. I use dried herbs, with a mixture of the four listed in the thread you originally posted your question on. I would imagine that the extract is concentrated and I'm not sure what a proper dosage would be.

Back