Doe not receptive

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could try moving them to a different corner after cleaning them out
I'll add to this: bleach it also. If you have a way to destroy the smell, then when you put it back in a different spot it won't smell like it used to be a litter box. If she nested at all, you can add in any fur/nesting material she used (that wasn't covered with pee), to make it smell like her, but not like toilet.

As for used as a litter box, I've experienced different levels of that. One is a true definition of it which is urine and all poop ends up in that spot; she won't nest in that, but sometimes makes the nest using the outside wall, in the space next to it. In that case, once kits are born you can dump and bleach the 'litterbox' and put the outside nest in it; move it to where the nest was, and she will accept it.

If she only poops in the box , and it isn't all of her poop, and it is only at the one outside edge, she may still make the nest in it-- and she will not break the habit of pooping there, and the kits are less healthy for it. I had to change the nest to a box of a different shape, keep her 'litterbox' in so she didnt poop in the relocated nest, and they still didn't fare well. She did do better on her next Kindle though.

Latest posts

Back