Doe not interested in buck after raising kits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willow Blue

Reaction score
So it was time to rebreed my doe. The first time I put them together last year, they had 7 falloffs the moment I put her in the cage. I was going for three but couldn't break them up fast enough. So I expected their second time together to be easy too. But she was not having it. Long story short it took 5 days to get 3 falloffs, and that's it. This last one was painful to watch. She cowered, he did his thing, and she screamed louder than any bunny I've ever heard. I picked her up and she woudn't move. They normally don't like being picked up and kick a lot but I carried her all the way to her cage and she didn't move a muscle. Poor girl was either terrified or got hurt or something. She's fine now. I gave her a treat and she's eating it up. I'm just wondering what went wrong, why she had no interest in him, and why she would scream that way.

So it was time to rebreed my doe. The first time I put them together last year, they had 7 falloffs the moment I put her in the cage. I was going for three but couldn't break them up fast enough. So I expected their second time together to be easy too. But she was not having it. Long story short it took 5 days to get 3 falloffs, and that's it. This last one was painful to watch. She cowered, he did his thing, and she screamed louder than any bunny I've ever heard. I picked her up and she woudn't move. They normally don't like being picked up and kick a lot but I carried her all the way to her cage and she didn't move a muscle. Poor girl was either terrified or got hurt or something. She's fine now. I gave her a treat and she's eating it up. I'm just wondering what went wrong, why she had no interest in him, and why she would scream that way.
My doe didn't want much to do with him on her second breed, I tried and her eyes rolled back in her head and so I took him out. She wasn't lifting. I waited a month and in the mean time let them romp together a few times and she humped him. I take him to her and things went well and she is preggo. So my point is, rabbits are bizarre but super duper smart.

Back