Doe humping the buck

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CochinBrahmaLover

Reaction score
Ok so I just got 2 jerseys today. I was told it was possible for the female to be pregnant. I had the buck out so I set the doe down on the couch with us.

He was a bit loving and groomed him a bit, but she humped him a bit and even sniffed around his parts. He did no mounting, and they ended up settling next to each other.

It's super adorable, but I'm a bit concerned. Does it sound the doe is pregnant? Why isn't the buck mounting her? Do I need to grab another buck and annoy him?

Did you check the doe's vent color? Sometimes if they are really ready, they will mount the buck. If her color is pale, it was probably a dominance display.

If the buck is young, he may not know what to do yet.

He's 4 years old, and they've had litters together before.

It isn't super pale but it's not particularly red. It's definitely not pale, but I'm not sure it'd call it super receptive color. Haha, if that makes any sense.

CochinBrahmaLover":trg9f4aw said:
It isn't super pale but it's not particularly red. It's definitely not pale, but I'm not sure it'd call it super receptive color. Haha, if that makes any sense.

Well, yes, as a matter of fact it does! :lol: Only the rabbit obsessed would understand. ;)

I'd say she was just letting him know that you and the couch are hers.

Lol! Y'all would understand :)

Let's see if she pops out any babies. She is the cutest thing ever! Both of them are. I think I've fallen in love with wooly breeds lol.

Back