doe died

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cottontail

Reaction score
My doe died and her kits are 5 weeks old. What can I do for the kits? Any supplements to give them, they seem to be doing ok now. They are all eating pellets and greens.

I wean at 3-4 weeks. They will be absolutely fine on their own.

Sorry about losing a rabbit. What from?

I'm not sure I was on vacation, my petsitter used a 50 pound bag of pellets for 8 rabbits 30 babies for 5 days. She might have gorged herself. Is that possible?

Sorry to hear about your loss, as said those kids should be fine :)

I'm not sure if its possible for rabbits to gorge themselves to death, have had a couple fat Mini Rex cause me worry though as every time they'd get feed they'd gobble it down no matter what. Is it possible though? Is it something like would happen when horses colic then since they can't vomit?

I'm sorry she died.

The kits, in my very limited experience, should be fine. They have probably been munching on hay and pellets for a couple weeks at least.

I give unlimited pellets to my nursing does and refill bowls a couple times a day. Many times they still have some pellets left so I wouldn't think they would gorge to death. Maybe mastitis since the kits had probably cut down on nursing?

I'm sorry to hear bout your doe! As the others said, the kits will be fine at this stage. I would be VERY curious to know what ELSE your pet sitter fed them.

I'm wondering that too. Thank you everyone for your kind words. I will be keeping one female kit that looks a lot like her.

Latest posts

Back