Doe Breeding Ages

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am still new so Im not sure if this is the correct place for my question. I am curious to see at what age you guys typically begin to breed your rabbits and how often you breed and then at what age you retire your bunnies both your bucks and does. I breed for pets and am curious about how often I should breed and ages. Thanks in advance!

Cedar House Bunnies":11lag4b1 said:
Thank you I'm really interested in how often and how long others breed their rabbits.
I breed my meat rabbits every 4 to 8 weeks depending on body condition. My oldest doe is 4 in April and still having large litters and getting pregnant on schedule

Wow I didn't realize it was ok to breed them so long. I only breed mine like 2 times a year which I think is ok to do because they are also our pets. But it is really good to know that they can be bred for a while. Thank you so much!

One of my Mini Lops is 6 and still producing litters, but smaller than in her youth, however she is on the chubby side and likey why she is not as fertile.

In my youth I had an 8 year old Netherland Dwarf still producing litters and likey would have continued to do so but I stoped showing and breeding - she went on to live to 14 years old

Our doe may have had her first litter at 3yrs. She had 9 kits and has been an excellent momma.

Latest posts

Back