Doe biting kits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
by fallen kits I mean they "fell" or rolled out of the nest. He is alive and well and nursing well to. I have contacted a breeder friend who has been trained and been to many a show. to them, it sounds like momma was overgrooming, this was actually a relief as we initially thought she was trying to cull her "herd". I have removed all four kits for safety purposes, and treated the baby how my research suggested. I have named him Tim. I will put the mom by her babies' nest box and she will hop in and nurse them, or, I will hold her specially so that her babies can nurse. Thank you for your time and concerns, case closed.

I've seen that a bit with overzealous grooming. Never have I actually had a doe intentionally harm her kits outside of nipping them due to impatience, but that was after they were fully weaned anyway and she just wanted alone time again. Glad to hear that Tim is doing well now and your doe is still nursing them without causing any harm :)

and of course, when they ruled it out you had to push it and abuse even more power, as admin, "all knowing" and arrogant. Even though they said that THEY RULED IT OUT!!!! also about half the rabbit people I know use half inch hardware... just admit your wrongs once in a while, its a learning experience, a lesson one might say.

I don't see the relevance of starting drama on a post made over a decade ago on MaggieJ's own website... Like, what is the point?

and of course, when they ruled it out you had to push it and abuse even more power, as admin, "all knowing" and arrogant. Even though they said that THEY RULED IT OUT!!!! also about half the rabbit people I know use half inch hardware... just admit your wrongs once in a while, its a learning experience, a lesson one might say.
Are you trying to throw blame at someone...?

HOLD on Caido. We don't treat people like this around here. Respect and manners matter here.

I'm glad that BoxerMom is sure that she hasn't a rodent problem. Do know that many people have been SURPRISED by a rodent problem and amazed by how much damage small vermin can do through holes in cages. Therefore asking the question and double-checking makes sense.

In regards to your question about YOUR kits overgrooming generally happens at birth. Kits do not have to be separated from mom after that. It shows she has good instincts and basically just made a mistake. Does who do this, in my experience, tend to be attentive, excellent mothers.

Latest posts

Back