Do ya'll want to confirm this guy's gender for me?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladyhen

Reaction score
gender.jpg

It looked even more male when I checked yesterday. Very tubular with a more circular opening.

This is the one I was sold as a brood doe, btw...

I'm leaning towards female. It's not popping out enough to be male and it looks like you're pressing not only front to back but side to side as well which makes the vaginal opening more rounded then slitted.

Can you get a picture when you're pushing front to back? A lot of does look like bucks when you do side to side.

I put him back in his cage outside. Will try again when my husband gets home. Had to have my little girl take that one LOL

Oh, 9 weeks old? Well there goes that idea.. LOL How does the breeder that sold he/she to you know a 9 week old will be a good brood doe? When you mentioned you wanted a doe for breeding I assumed he took out a mature doe for you!! :)

I never mentioned that I like the Dutch in your avatar pic.

Devon's Mom Lauren":38zokqwi said:
Oh, 9 weeks old? Well there goes that idea.. LOL How does the breeder that sold he/she to you know a 9 week old will be a good brood doe? When you mentioned you wanted a doe for breeding I assumed he took out a mature doe for you!! :)

I have no idea what he was/is thinking. I intend to take this little guy to him at the show on Saturday and have him check him and explain to me why he isn't the doe he said he was. I have the distinct feeling that I was "had", but as I said in my other post - I'm trying to believe it was an honest mistake.

My best friend's husband wants to buy this little guy from me for what I paid - so I'm not going to give him back to the breeder. I AM going to request that since he messed up (pretty majorly, I'd say) that I want the pedigree on my the first buck. (I'm going to have his sex double checked at the show before approaching the guy though!)

Devon's Mom Lauren":38zokqwi said:
I never mentioned that I like the Dutch in your avatar pic.

Thanks! They are super sweet :)

Mistakes can happen on young rabbits, and a lot of times young promising brood and show rabbits are sold as prospects for breeding and show. It does not meen a breeder guarantees or knows they're good for breeding or show purposes, but thinks that they would be good for breeding with the right mate to complement them or has the grow out potiential for show.

I will always trade out an oops sex, but I have to have the original back. Final grow out I cannot as care when growing up can effect that a great deal as well as genetics (if they're rarely fed/groomed for example). I've had a few times over the years when I've been lied to so the person asking would have a nice breeding pair as they didn't want to pay for an actual pair so I can understand if they ask for the rabbit to be returned first before they can give any kind of compensation. On another thought, maybe its a buck with a split penis? If it is a buck but has the split, the split penis needs to be brought to their attention any way. That's a whole 'nother trouble.

Yeah im thinking thats a buck...they might have meant the body type was best for a brood doe and that it was a bigger rabbit for its age so itd be brood. I can tell at a young age that some rabbits i get out of my litters have the right body type to be a nice brood doe. Cant say they will give babies but ya know.

Latest posts

Back