Do they work ?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rustina

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Lixit top fill water bottles with the stem valve instead of the roller balls? I was considering trying these but I'm not sure my rabbits will figure it out, the stem seemed pretty stiff for them to be able to lick it hard enough to get water out.
:springtime:

I had these for a while, some would use them, others would not. They are harder to clean with the little ridges in the plastic and the flip top part of the lid eventually snapped off. If you get them, remove the whole cap to fill, not just open the flip top.

I have 1. My flemish giant doe is the only one that will use it, my mini rex wouldnt or couldnt get water out of it. Most my rabbits just use the roller ball type bottles.

I use them...and right now my little Holland needs a crock because he can't get water out of it. He's too gentle. :) Everyone else seems to have it down pat, though. :D

So excited to get a drip-waterer!!!!

I tried them and only one of my FA's could figure it out. Then two days into using them two of the four water bottles broke in half... right across the middle! It seemed like harder tougher plastic, but that may have been the problem.

I love them. All of mine from baby netherland to checkered giant can use them the problem is teaching them to use them. I had one buck stubbornly refuse to learn for 4months with winter coming and those are the only bottles you can get heated. We are only there every other day so need heated water in winter.

I hated them, leaked everywhere, you can't set them down to fill more, gotta carry them all or run back and forth one at a time. None of my rabbits would use them...

You don't have to set them anywhere. Just flip the top and pour the water in. Mine never leave the cages. We just go down the line with one of those refillable water jugs they sell in grocery stores. We've only had one leak when the weather changes temp quickly and it's 3 years old.

I just started using them and they have sped up the process of watering. I use a 2gal flower watering pot with a spout to fill them. I can also easily add ice in the mid day heat. I converted from ball type and it took a day or two for them to catch on but so far everyone is using them. I do have to agree they are built out of thin cheap plastic. I will count the days until the first one breaks and let yall know. ;)

Lapin":1vzcq4my said:
I just started using them and they have sped up the process of watering. I use a 2gal flower watering pot with a spout to fill them. I can also easily add ice in the mid day heat. I converted from ball type and it took a day or two for them to catch on but so far everyone is using them. I do have to agree they are built out of thin cheap plastic. I will count the days until the first one breaks and let yall know. ;)

As I said before, don't flip the tops, remove the top entirely when you fill or eventually that little flip top will snap off.

You can still smash the top on back on after it breaks to keep dirt out. Some of mine the whole top came off easy and some didn't and I had to use the flip part. I have a few with loose flip parts. So far mine are surpassing 2 years some on their 3rd with only minor damage like the broken flip tops and the heater back came off a heated one. I need to silicone it back in place properly but for this past winter I just duct taped it on.

I've used them and really gave them a chance. However, I find that they are fragile and leaky. Much more water is lost from these during the act of drinking than with the ball waterers I use. I actually don't buy water bottles anymore, I just buy the spout kits and reuse pop bottles; anything from 20oz up to 2 liters. The top fill convenience is not worth the other problems in my opinion.

Back