Do "Normal People" Do This ?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When we decided to get back into rabbits... we put our cages down in the barn. We agreed that the 'limited' space there would help us keep the numbers down.

Then DH virtually fell into a very Good Deal on some stacking cages. We decided to set them up in the garage. Close to the house...more room... easy access... Sooooooo into the garage they went...plus the ones from the barn ! we made it thru the winter with this set-up.

DH came across another Good Deal on stacking cages. In the meantime we also had discussed some concerns about the garage being Too close to the Line Fence, and wanted to avoid possible neighbor problems. Sooooooo, the past few days we have been clearing stuff from the barn. Moving stuff from the barn. Fixing walls, moving outlets and lights. Setting up the cages... moving rabbits.... setting up most of the new cages. Us old folks are pooped with all this activity.

Anyway, my question to the Cosmos is this ... "Do Normal People do things like this ?????"

Things like change their minds? Yes I hope so! I know what you mean though--imagine how easy it is for those people who just like to read as a hobby...

i do...and do you have ANY idea how often I move my books around??? It's nuts... too many books.. so I sell some only to get new ones. :)

pleanty of people reorganize rooms...plus I am probly going to have to help clean out the garage for my rabbits...there is sooo mutch junk in that garage...Also where did you find a good deal on some stacking cages?
eco2pia":12e3o3ax said:
Things like change their minds? Yes I hope so! I know what you mean though--imagine how easy it is for those people who just like to read as a hobby...
then you obviously have not seen size of some books. Plus after awile you end up collecting boxes and boxes of books.....

Who is to say:
What IS Normal and what is NOT?
Normal is just a state of mind,
just like one Man's Rose is another Man's Daisy!
Normal is as Normal does! :twisted: :mrgreen: :2guns: :punk:
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

dark.lapin":3jvrh0w7 said:
pleanty of people reorganize rooms...plus I am probly going to have to help clean out the garage for my rabbits...there is sooo mutch junk in that garage...Also where did you find a good deal on some stacking cages?
eco2pia":3jvrh0w7 said:
then you obviously have not seen size of some books. Plus after awile you end up collecting boxes and boxes of books.....
Who said anything about collecting books? I said reading! library? I used to read...I have children now. I struggle to get them to read, and I do laundry....

Excuse me-- but "Normal" is a setting on the washing machine dial. "Normal" Is also, statistically speaking, 95% of any given population. So, we are all "Normal" Now, where did Iput thatbook on Rabbit feng Shua?

eco2pia":w9n39nkf said:
dark.lapin":w9n39nkf said:
eco2pia":w9n39nkf said:
Who said anything about collecting books? I said reading! library? I used to read...I have children now. I struggle to get them to read, and I do laundry....
I know I was just saying some people who read alo sometimes buy alot of books or end up having some books that pile up over time but really just depends on person....I know someone who has alot of boxes full of books...yep reading a easy hobby but i have never considered it to be hobby...to me its like idk...

You have NO IDEA how often I reorganize. I was just laughing with hubby about how our place gets a new look every few months. We get a hair up our butt and decide we don't like the way we have it....this Other Way makes So Much More Sense, after all!

(don't ask what I am doing tonight, lol, busy moving around all our rooms, got the rabbits back in cages today, and Caelin won't know where his house has gone by morning, lol)

I am amazed the rabbits don't die of stress, as many times as I have decided I have a Much Better Idea. I hope I am normalish...

We still have some 'tweaking' to do. Not everybunny is exactly where i want them. Still have equipment to move down there. But i do rather like it !

I asked DH this AM... if he want content with this latest set-up... or was he going to decide to move them Back to the garage ? .... His reply... "Nope... i'll just move the building ! " :lol: ( don't laugh too hard... This is a man who with chains, come-alongs and a Cub Cadet lawn tractor has moved buildings !!! :p Life is Never dull here........ :p

I once insisted on moving an old garden shed from the middle of the back yard to under some trees--who puts a shed in the MIDDLE of the yard anyway?

We used a come-along, tow strap, and 4 round fence posts as rollers. I saw it on a special about how they moved the big stones for the pyramids--who knew THAT would come in handy?!

My husband totally didn't believe it would work. It was a beautiful thing, worked like a charm, way easier than his plan of just tearing it apart and building a new one.

I move around my rabbitry just about everytime I do spring cleaning, or pull everything out and sanitize! And if I get new cages, then I usually have to move things around to make room for them! lol.

Can't pass up good deals on stacking cages! Heck no! :p

Emily

eco2pia":2n7xgmxr said:
I once insisted on moving an old garden shed from the middle of the back yard to under some trees--who puts a shed in the MIDDLE of the yard anyway?

We used a come-along, tow strap, and 4 round fence posts as rollers. I saw it on a special about how they moved the big stones for the pyramids--who knew THAT would come in handy?!

My husband totally didn't believe it would work. It was a beautiful thing, worked like a charm, way easier than his plan of just tearing it apart and building a new one.

I remember watching a documentary about Amish, and in it, they moved a building 100 feet, and turned it at he same time-- by, get this-- cutting it from the foundation, and literally, a hundred men picked the building up and carried it to the new foundation...
we see buildings get lifted and moved out here a lot-- foundations need replaceing, or the owner wants to add on the front, so needs to set the house back from the front border, I have a friend- part of her house is the old railroad depot building from 10 miles away--seems her husband worked at the depot when he was young--

Back