Disappointed at swap meet today

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randtrabbitry

Reaction score
I went today to get some good does. I wanted ether NZW or califorina crossed. I seen about 5 people with white rabbits. 1 guy had some that look like they were around 4 weeks and some were around 10 weeks. I asked the ages and he said 10 weeks and 4 month and they were nzw. Hello those 4 month old should weigh atleast 5 pounds and i dont think they were even over 1 pound. Off to the next ones good sized does good prices but loaded with ear mites. Finally found 1 guy only had 2 a buck and doe in the same cage age 3 month price was good and her weight was good i think she might grow up to be a good sized rabbit. After i bought her i notice some crusting in her ears so ive treated her for ear mites just to be sure. And yes i will treat her as she is pregnant for the next 30 days. But she was the best thing out there. What are with people :evil: cant they see that gonk coming out of the ears are not normal

crazy, I live in terror of mites/fleas/parasites of any kind infecting my animals. I remember getting paranoid once about some yellowy stains in a rabbits ears--until I relized it wwas pee stains from it's neighbor! :lol: I went "whew!" and then I realized I had actually licked my thumb to rub at it in my panic, and immeadiatly needed to wash my hands and absolutely never do that again! :shock:

bummer :( I know all of the rabbits I just picked up have ear mites, but just "a tad" so they must have just started. Hoping to nip it fast.

Sorry you didn't find anything at the swap. I need to find a swap meet around here. There MUST be one, I just haven't found an advertisement site...maybe I need to go to the actual Purina feed store in town instead of our feed mill, eh?

Latest posts

Back