disapearing kit

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cindi Davis

Reaction score
DeeDee started with 7 kits now is down to 6 and I will be darned if I know where the black one went sheesh :( . She had 4 white 2 blue and a a black, even cleaned the nesting box again to make sure and no baby

had an 8 week old kit disappear, never to been seen from again. Barn door was closed.

I once found a dessicated kit behind the hay bales when I cleaned out the barn the doe was in... some kits, if they escape the cage, can get quite a distance, even at two days old,,

I have had one kit disappear into thin air like that. Just a couple of days old. I had kits escaping all over the place. I found one dead (chilled) outside the rabbitry, and the rest alive inside the rabbitry. One I never found.

I J-clipped floor wire around the does' cages after that. :eek:

Yeah I know things happen but its still a bummer. This kit was approx 2 weeks old still can figure out how it got "disappeared". The cage seemed pretty secure but evidently not. Still have 6 of the 7 so... and 2 of those are spoken for

Sure is a bummer, just not knowing where the kit is. I am afraid when I get around to replacing the floor, he will pop up.

I just had this happen. With our litter of 12, we counted and recounted. They are 2 days old. Today I was taking everyone to foster some over to my other doe. 11. We counted and recounted. Our cages are secure. This doe's cage is all 1/2"x1/2" wire and wood. I can't find it anywhere. I'm hoping that I figure out the I miscounted somewhere along the line. Crazy.

Sorry your little guy went missing. :(
I've lost one before too. Still not sure how the little guy got out. I thought he was too big to fit through the wire. Guess not. Didn't even find him when I replaced all the straw under the cages.

Latest posts

Back