Did not need a new kitten...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessicaR

Reaction score
But i couldnt resist :oops: My son has his 5 month old black kitten named Boo, so I figured i was done with kittens. Well DD really wanted a kitten of her own, and my MIL wanted me to go check out a kitten for her... the rest is history, we now have a white kitten named Casper. MIL didnt get a kitten because she only likes girls and their was only boys left.

Casper is the sort of kitten that your always told to run from, but I couldnt leave the poor little guy there, I am such a softie! He is 7 weeks old lived out in a barn, normally not a problem, but he is scared of people, full of fleas, worms, and earmites, anemic and weighs 1 pound (he was the biggest of the litter) :x Poor little guy had to have a bath immediatly, and he is too small for flea control, so he is going to be getting bathed a lot. I have to go out and get him some canned food to try and bring his weight up. Vet said he has to be at least 2 pounds for flea control. They wont even give him any vaccines a this time, vet wants him to get rid of the worms first and put on a couple of pounds before the stress of shots. They also believe he at least half if not 3/4 persian.

Here is a pic of Casper and our lazy kitten Boo. :D

Attachments

• IMG_3025.JPG
    IMG_3025.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 851
  • IMG_3052.JPG
    IMG_3052.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 851
What a cute kitten! He is none too pleased by his ear mite treatment... look at that irritable little face! :lol:

Dust him down with some Diatomaceous Earth for the fleas. It is non toxic, so wont stress his system. You might want to put some on Boo also in case any of them have jumped ship in favor of a healthier meal.

I am sure Casper will soon be the picture of health, just like Boo!

How's Casper settling in? Poor guy, hope he's settling in just fine and getting along with Boo.

Karen

Casper is doing much better now. The earmites are gone, and hopefully the worms will be soon. The vet went ahead and give him some flea control since he is up to 2 pounds now. He is starting to purr now when we pet him and not running away when we approach him.

Yes he has blue eyes but he is not deaf.

JessicaR":3kbirhd7 said:

Looong ago we had a White cat with Blue eyes. However... she had a smattering of colored hairs on the top of her head... so i'm fairly certain she was not deaf. ... She could certainly ACT as tho she was a non-hearing cat... if 'her royalness' did not Wish to answer when we called her... she would Blatantly Ignore us as she sauntered past....nary an ear twitch to let us know that she heard us. Now if SHE wanted something.......! whole nother story.....CATS !!!!! gots to luv them !

Random Rabbit":38pxl7e4 said:
JessicaR":38pxl7e4 said:

Looong ago we had a White cat with Blue eyes. However... she had a smattering of colored hairs on the top of her head... so i'm fairly certain she was not deaf. ... She could certainly ACT as tho she was a non-hearing cat... if 'her royalness' did not Wish to answer when we called her... she would Blatantly Ignore us as she sauntered past....nary an ear twitch to let us know that she heard us. Now if SHE wanted something.......! whole nother story.....CATS !!!!! gots to luv them !

Sounds like typical cat behaviour to me :lol: I have a 12 y/o siamese that likes to go outside and you can call her until you are blue and she will ignore you, but as soon as you go in and shut the door she is meowing her head off to get back in! :x

Awe, poor little guy! He's adorable though, and I'm sure he'll come around very quickly.

Latest posts

Back