Dewormer Schedule

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FluffleFarm

Reaction score
I have Fenbendazole for goats. Obviously I do it day 1. But do I repeat it in 10 days? Or daily? Weekly for 4 weeks? What’s the protocol on timing/spacing etc

I have Fenbendazole for goats. Obviously I do it day 1. But do I repeat it in 10 days? Or daily? Weekly for 4 weeks? What’s the protocol on timing/spacing etc
When I've used Safeguard for horses with my rabbits, I give it to the rabbits once, then again 7 days later. While its use in horses calls for only one dose, I believe the aim of the first dose in the rabbits is to kill the adult parasites and thus prevent them from laying any more eggs; the second dose is to kill newly-hatched parasites that come from the eggs that were laid before the first deworming.

Safeguard's use in rabbits is off-label of course, and it's designed for strongyles, pinworms and ascarids, none of which seem to occur in rabbits up here. So I am not exactly sure what microorganisms it's killing in my rabbits. But I have seen great improvement in rabbits that were just "off" and I couldn't get into prime condition any other way.

This is the one I've used successfully in rabbits:
1675628525485.png

When I've used Safeguard for horses with my rabbits, I give it to the rabbits once, then again 7 days later. While its use in horses calls for only one dose, I believe the aim of the first dose in the rabbits is to kill the adult parasites and thus prevent them from laying any more eggs; the second dose is to kill newly-hatched parasites that come from the eggs that were laid before the first deworming.

Safeguard's use in rabbits is off-label of course, and it's designed for strongyles, pinworms and ascarids, none of which seem to occur in rabbits up here. So I am not exactly sure what microorganisms it's killing in my rabbits. But I have seen great improvement in rabbits that were just "off" and I couldn't get into prime condition any other way.

This is the one I've used successfully in rabbits:
View attachment 34141

Latest posts

Back