Delilah & Vinny

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlitterMomma

Reaction score
Last night Delilah seemed a bit wonky.. this happened before in April after her brother Rocky passed from GI Stasis. She was eating and popping fine and snuggling as well just not as hyper. Woke up a few hrs ago and saw that she was laid out flat.. scooped her up and noticed she had some foul smelling poop all crammed in her mouth??? I cleaned it out as much as I could. She passed within an hr. When she passed some liquid came out of her mouth smelling like the poop.. anyone ever have that happen. After pulling myself together I went to check on the other buns and Vinny laid there dead in his cage. We think his was more so old age as the two never ever were together or in the same area. But will still get Gingie and Fievel checked out to be safe. Just completely heart broken.

Oh also got a question about Fievel since the day we got him he seems to get white crust around his eyes like how we get when we awake from sleep. Should I be concerned about this? Its not stick or gloppy or a lot but its ever so often.

TY so much ♥ I was just told by someone that Coccidiosis is going around :/

I am so sorry! Two deaths in one day must been devastating. :cry:

GlitterMomma":rddtxb58 said:
But will still get Gingie and Fievel checked out to be safe.

Instead of taking them to the vet, I would opt for getting a necropsy done on Delilah. If there are negative findings, it will give you a valuable diagnostic tool for treatment of Gingie and little Fievel, should it be necessary.

GlitterMomma":rddtxb58 said:
I was just told by someone that Coccidiosis is going around :/

Coccidia usually affects very young rabbits. They tend to develop diarrhea and may lack appetite.

Your rabbits look healthy and in good condition. If they had heavy parasite loads you would likely know it from their body and fur condition.

Latest posts

Back