Deformed baby

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wyldrose

Reaction score
This little guy was born last night. Sunflower my mini rex had 5 only 2 alive. It's getting cold at night so I think that's what happened.
This little one has quite the deformities to his face, looks like no nose, just nostrils, bug eyes, no upper teeth and an under bite. I plan to keep with the single kit until my other litter is born. He is a MR so I was thinking he could be a peanut.

He has a full belly so he is able to nurse.

I think if he survives he'll be named Alien, he sure looks like one! I don't expect it to live long. My lionhead x rex bred to a MR is due any second now so I'll foster some of her kits to my MR.

The normal kit died last night so we will see how it goes with just this guy. I was hoping my lionhead x had her babies last night so I could split that litter and sneak this guy in with them.

So ET died last night. It was properly for the best, with no top teeth those bottom ones would have to be trimmed all the time. RIP little one!

Aw... :( Poor baby. You're right, with no upper teeth, it would have been very difficult for him to eat. Probably for the best. But still :(

Latest posts

Back