Daylight Savings Time -- Ugh

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every clock I keep accurate is automatically updated so I don't really notice. Aside from wondering why I'm tired earlier than usual it goes by uneventfully. I still think we should do away with it.

Forgot to set our clocks forward. Made an appointment for someone to come look at a rabbit and wondered if they had remembered to set THEIR clocks forward...

Not my favorite.

just another example of just how all-powerful, meddlesome, and self-righteous the empire is..[.and how easily led we are]--
I guess, I just resent being forced to do unnecessary things, and especially to comply with "laws" made for the benefit of the wealthy merchant class. [I guess that makes me a "bad citizen"]

I loathe spring time change. It didn't bother me a huge amount until I had children, now it's just pure torture for a good solid week :evil: Last year I think it took us even longer to fully adjust. And it comes at a season in life where I have been utterly exhausted and achy anyway thanks to Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue - my body didn't need any help in that area, thank you very much!

Actually, I like it. A already get up and start to work earlier, I wake up at dawn anyway.
Since I don't watch TV, or do anything else with a fixed time schedule the only thing I really notice is lunch break at 1200, now, when starting to work at 0700 it's just too long, I get hungry an hour early. Will be better after time change.

Pretty much with M4G, I don't like being forced to do unnecessary stuff like this. Adjusting in the fall isn't difficult, but adjusting in the spring is.

If this had been my clock, I'd have opted out :lol: :

1915654_1100638889995242_6143425854466261033_n.jpg

Ack!!! That clock....*shudders* is giving me a flashback to a dark dank basement I once lived in....

I feel like crud in the morning. My dog ignores DST and wakes me up at the old time. His rock solid sense of time is normally charming but... :dig-hole:

Oh man...I was just wondering why so many Monday comments around since..well I guess I set my clocks forward an hour, a day early lol :oops: Yay! I am on day two of adjusting!

Clock spider is ancient :lol: There's a pic of what was under the clock. I printed it out when living at my mom's so I could fold it into 3d and scare my sister. I left it on my floor and succeeded in scaring my sister. Clock spider doesn't need to be 3d to work.

I spent my childhood years in AZ with no DST (minus a couple reservations and things). I wish I didn't have a "schedule" to follow, but even HSing making it more flexible, we have to have some sort of routine to work around DH's work schedule. We let the kids run themselves ragged all afternoon yesterday and they went to be early... super early if you consider what the time was 24 hours prior :lol: . ODD was the first to comment "but... it's still daylight out!" :cool: Here's hoping the beautiful weather this week will allow us to do that more often than not to get them on the "new" time that much faster.

Not such a great week here. It's supposed to start raining at 10 30 tonight and continue to wednesday, a day and a half of high wind, and then rain again. Still nothing like the south has but irritating when you want to do things outdoors. I wanted thawed garden soil not mud.

Sorry... I love it.
My earliest memories of DST are having to go to bed while it was still light out and the "big kids" were still out playing.
But mostly, it represented summer and no school!
As an adult, I love the extra daylight for mowing the grass or grilling out while getting a little break from the heat of the day.
If we're going to keep it constant through the year, I say let's stay on DST year round.
I'm at work in the morning. What do I care if it's dark until noon? ;)

Yeah, we just need to stay on this time. I like having time to hike after my husband gets off work and we stay up through the dark anyway so why not use that time in the morning when you may be sitting in an office with no direct windows. People with outdoor jobs can change their work hours through the year. The ice cream shops, recycling center, city compost, and landfill do.

While it does jar our systems.... DH and i prefer DST. It gives us more light evenings to be outdoors... Especially when it is Gardening time.
I get S.A.D. in the fall when the darkness comes so early... and there is nothing worth watching on TV... and too cold and miserable to even Think about being outside.
Takes about a week to adjust now... then i will be good to go.

Latest posts

Back