Dad got a Job!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heritage Homestead

Reaction score
Praise God!! We are all so happy! :p

After years of unsteady work and here lately a horrible boss (don't ask :angry: ), Dad got a full time job!
He has been driving one and a half to two hours one way to Columbus to work. This job is only about 40 min.! :D And the hours are 6 AM til 2 PM! Dad will have afternoons to work here with us on the farm.

It's a cabinet making company, so Dad will fit right in. He will be working in the specialty department where they do the more intricate cabinets.

He just needs to take a drug test and then starts work on Wednesday! We all warned him to stay away from poppy seeds! :lol:

Whoo-hoo! :bouncy:

My Hubs needs to find a full time job too. He and Firstpup are installing tongue and groove siding in our neighbor's cabin (commute: 3 minutes), but it is hard to get by on jobs that are just "here and there".

It's not an easy time to be in construction. *sigh*

We always tease Hubs about eating Poppy Seed bagels too! After taking a big bite, he'll say "Dang! Guess I can't apply for a job at Home Depot now!" :lol:

Yes, hoping your hubs finds full-time steady work, too, MSD! :D

I had heard about people losing their jobs or not getting jobs because of poppy seeds. But it was when we saw that episode of "Mythbusters" that we saw just how effective the seeds are at causing false positives. They failed one drug test after another after another... it was pretty amazing. If I recall correctly, allergy meds can cause another false positive, too. :?

Latest posts

Back