Cuteness overload!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lissapell

Reaction score
My huge Giant Chin kits at 3 wks. They are way bigger than all the others.

Attachments

• 20131010_2034412.jpg
    20131010_2034412.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 387
  • 20131010_2034242.jpg
    20131010_2034242.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 387
3 WEEKS?! He's huge! What a cutie!!! LOL :)
I've thought about getting into those.... :roll:

I have been thinking of getting some bigger rabbits myself but I will have to cross those off my list. LOL So cute but soooo big. Here is one of my kits from my last litter at 6 weeks. I would really need to build cages before I bought one of those, it would out grow my cages really fast.

Attachments

• 2013-09-20 09.16.24-2 - Copy.jpg
    2013-09-20 09.16.24-2 - Copy.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 380
AmysMacdog":7k2h5v3a said:
3 WEEKS?! He's huge! What a cutie!!! LOL :)
I've thought about getting into those.... :roll:
We love these chunkers. These two are twice the size of all our other litters the same age including the remaining litter mates.<br /><br />__________ Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:30 pm __________<br /><br />
beckyhuff314":7k2h5v3a said:
I have been thinking of getting some bigger rabbits myself but I will have to cross those off my list. LOL So cute but soooo big. Here is one of my kits from my last litter at 6 weeks. I would really need to build cages before I bought one of those, it would out grow my cages really fast.

awe ur babies are tiny

HOLY COW! How much grams does it weigh? I thought my little Princess Whitefoot was big at 208 grams at 3 weeks. That guy looks like it's at least 1500-1800 grams!

dayna":11raiset said:
HOLY COW! How much grams does it weigh? I thought my little Princess Whitefoot was big at 208 grams at 3 weeks. That guy looks like it's at least 1500-1800 grams!
They are 21.8 and 22.3 oz. A buck and a doe so we are keeping them both.<br /><br />__________ Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:03 am __________<br /><br />618 snd 632 grams

Oh my gosh! I want to squish their fat little cheeks! :p They are absolutely adorable! :D

"So, when do you butcher your rabbits?" "When they hit 5lbs... at, oh, 4 or 5 weeks..." :roll:

Congrats on the monster kits. Keep us updated on their growth.

Becky, that little kit is so-o-o cute! What a size difference!

Wow. :eek: I have no need for Giant Chinchillas, no way my bad joints could handle those big things, but they seem to be great for quickly producing a large amount of meat, probably good in survival situations. I wonder if Heifer International ships them places. Curious. How do they usually dress out?

They're only three weeks old...could we let them grow up a little before we have them for dinner? (plaintive whine)

"Cuteness overload" indeed! If you have others like these guys...well...um.... I have an American Chinchilla here who has no buddies or other friends of his own species even to look at in our house.... :wink: And little/big guys/gals that cute would *never* be dinner here!

Wow. I'm thinking of how much more quickly the dandelions, plaintain, mallow, blackberries, chicory, chard, basil, parsley, arugula, and other veggies/weeds (oops; "native plants") would be under control with a Giant Chin *and* Parsley Graybuns to help out. :mrgreen: :lol:

Cspr":10uek6am said:
Wow. :eek: I have no need for Giant Chinchillas, no way my bad joints could handle those big things, but they seem to be great for quickly producing a large amount of meat, probably good in survival situations. I wonder if Heifer International ships them places. Curious. How do they usually dress out?
My last grow out I had a litter of silver fox and a litter of giant chin. Both were feed the same amount. I feed mostly forage from plots grown specifically for rabbits. At 4 months the sf dressed out at around 62%. The giant chin was 57%. I ended up with 1.5 lbs more meat fr the chin. Giant chi s do not eat more than any other breed we raise. Infact they were bred to produce off hay and grow quickly on forage.

__________ Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:08 pm __________

The ones processed so far did not grow as quickly as these last few litters are growing.

__________ Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:15 pm __________

Here are the two I was talking about. They were the average of each litter. < picture deleted due to content.

I would probably move this thread to meat rabbits. While I raise meat rabbits, I know some might be horrified to see bunnies in a bag...<br /><br />__________ Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:25 pm __________<br /><br />I would probably move this thread to meat rabbits. While I raise meat rabbits, I know some might be horrified to see bunnies in a bag...

Graphic pictures and discussion of using rabbits for meat belong in the Meat Rabbits forum, but sometimes threads drift, as this one seems to have done last evening. Since Lissapell responded promptly with an edit, I see no reason to move the thread at this time, but I do ask all members to pay a bit more attention to what forum they are in if they wish to discuss rabbits for meat. Thank you!

Latest posts

Back