Cuban Chicken Noodle Soup (I've been meaning to share!)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peach

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Alright, so I got SO caught up with finals and showing that I finally have just a week to relax (Wasn't scheduled for work this week, so making the most of it with friends,family,and food!) :D

This is a recipe that you can alter according to your taste. The veggies don't need to be perfect. I usually use the veggies that are just a few days away from going to the trash. So this is a great way to clear out older veggies from the fridge, without them going to waste!

I noticed with adding yellow squash/zucinni, it creates a thicker soup, but that is only if you like it that way.

**PUT YOUR POTATOES ON THE SIDE. THEY GO IN WITH THE NODDLES**

Water and olive oil

Usually I cook the chicken for a little bit to create the stock. I pull it out and dice it up but I like it to be raw halfway through, because I put it back in later to finish so it won't be dry.

I usually use about 3 celery sticks, handful of carrots, 1/3 of a tomato, handful of cilanto, half a jalapeno (give it a kick!), half red/green peppers (when I have them on hand), a clove or two of garlic, about 1/3 or a little more of an onion. Also, add one chicken bouillon!

Dice up your carrots and celery. I uploaded chopped carrots, but I don't know where it went LOL

Cook your veggies until they are soft....about 30-45 Minutes

Then to trick everyone in the house hold that doesn't like to eat their veggies......put them in a blender!

Once you put the blended veggies/stock back in the pot, add your potatos and noddles.

After they are almost done, add your chicken you diced earlier. It will be cooked completely in the next 5/10 minutes.

It takes a little extra time, but it is delicious. With the spices, you sprinkle to taste. I'm usually add a decent amount of Adobo! Just keep tasting it. Badilla is used for color, I just have the travel version and large version pictured.

If you are really feeling lucky, try this with a little bit of fresh squeeze lime juice! (I like a lot lime, so just start off with a squeeze or two)

And if you are feeling extra lucky, put in a few slices of banana. It will give you just the right amount of sweet and salty :)

We have made this for years, but I've tweaked the recipe just so it's a little spicey now :) It great for when you just don't feel good, feel sickness coming on, or you just want yummy comfort food.

Enjoy!

:dinner: That looks wonderful! Nice colour. I like that It has a spicy bite, always nice to have something like that on a cold day after chores are done.

GOTTA try that!!!! :p

Ever heard of freezer soup? Every ridiculously small amount of leftover veggies, meat, stew, beans, you-name-it food, just gets put in a huge freezer ziploc bag as it comes, and eventually, perhaps a month or less (or more), you will have a full bag. At this point, if you need a quick dinner, just empty the whole bag into the pot and heat it up! (Season to taste. Author is not responsible if soup is or becomes too salty, spicy, sour, or sweet for consumer's tastes.) ;)

Latest posts

Back