crooked teeth

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whipple

Reaction score
So I picked up a mini Rex today. He is Tue sweetest thing ever! He likes to come up and say hi, and doesn't run away. Apparently litter trained as well.
The people I got him from rescued him from under a car but couldn't keep him. His teeth are severely overgrown and crooked. They said he ate but I don't see how.

If his teeth are kept trimmed will he be OK? I trimmed them a bit just so they weren't sticking out his mouth up to his cheeks.

As long as you keep trimming his teeth he should be fine. It's when they get neglected that there are problems. I would check his mouth for any ulcers.

If he has any sores, you could spray Vetericyn on them, or maybe use some type of oral ointment if there is such a thing... we use baking soda for cold sores, and they clear up very quickly, but it stings like the dickens. I don't know if it would be an effective wound treatment, but it wont harm him to try.

is he going to be a pet?

they actually do teeth removal on rabbits rather than always clipping them. Might be something you want to consider for him.

otherwise trim them more than once a month please.

What's the best way to trim?

He's a pet, but I don't spend anymore on my pets them my breeders. Seems backwards ;)

Latest posts

Back