Crocs that attach to the bottom of the cage

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoosier

Reaction score
Where can I find the plastic crocs that lock into the wire on the bottom of the cage? I have looked several different places KW, bunny rabbit, klubertanz and a couple of other websites to no avail.

I know there are some that attach to the side wire, but not sure of any that attach to the bottom. I use the heavy ceramic crocks. They may get moved some, but very rarely tipped over.

Well, you can sew some velcro to the cage bottom and glue some to the croc.

We currently have some that lock onto the wire with a twist and they have a 'button' on the bottom. The previous owner is allowing us to borrow these until we get our own. She stated she got these from KD cage in ?Illinois?. I have not been able to find 'KD cage' in a Google search.
I appreciate the other suggestions, but would prefer to just buy more of these.

Update here. Happy to report that KD cage is still in business. Phone number is 765-332-2678. They are located in New Castle, Indiana. Website is no longer active and I am pretty sure the 800 number isn't either.
Crocks are called Quick Locks. The 20oz. size is what we use for water. The 10oz size hasn't been made in awhile due to issues with the mold and the 20oz is available in limited quantities. I love the fact that they can be placed anywhere in the cage so I can put them away from hay feeder, away from nest box (worried that a baby may jump out of nest box into water dish and drown), in a corner, etc. Catalog lists the price of the 10oz as $4.00 and the 20oz as $4.50. We purchased these from KD Cage & Supplies at a rabbit show in Noblesville, Indiana.
<br /><br />__________ Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:28 pm __________<br /><br />Thought some folks might be interested in what these crocs look like. Color will vary. We bought these recently and the ones we borrowed were light blue, pink, light green and teal blue. The 10ounce should be available soon and we hope to get some.

Attachments

• rabbit bowls blue 10.JPG
    rabbit bowls blue 10.JPG
    278.5 KB · Views: 468
They sell them at petstores for birds. I believe lixit makes a quick lock floor mount for birds. There are also bird baths that lock to the floor and they are the same thing only raised up on a stand which would keep young kits out of it. They are a thinner plastic though instead of hard plastic or a crock so may be chewed up over the years.

The Lixit bowls I have seen lock into a holder. I tried to lock them into floor, but they aren't flat on the bottom. I have never seen bird baths that are like that. If I ever can't get these bowls, I'll have to look into that. Yeah, these are pretty thick. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back