Crayonbox of a litter, now 10 weeks old, looking for imput

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rae

Reaction score
This litter is by our castor, or chestnut agouti buck Stitch (RedxREW) and out of a black doe(RedxREW). They are full siblings out of different litters and the kits will be used for meat so it doesn't really matter what color they are, I just find the genetics part very interesting. However I can't get very far since I don't really know or understand all the different colors out there or how to tell them apart. If you have the time, could you help me out a bit. TIA

In addition to the kits whose pictures I've posted, there is a REW, a castor and a black with silver tips on his coat whose pictures didn't turn out at all.

Attachments

• Birthday, bunnies 070.JPG
    Birthday, bunnies 070.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 429
  • Birthday, bunnies 071.JPG
    Birthday, bunnies 071.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 429
  • Birthday, bunnies 080.JPG
    Birthday, bunnies 080.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 429
  • Birthday, bunnies 064.JPG
    Birthday, bunnies 064.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 429
The tipped ones are showing the steel gene and the nose marks indicate vienna gene.
The one in the middle is an amber, I have one that colour

Thank you. I've never even heard the term Amber in rabbit colors before, I'm glad I asked. Now I just have to look up the genetics, thank you.

I'm sure that once the real experts in genetics post we'll find out I'm completely wrong about his colour ;)

That is an amber, not sure what it's called in any breed other than Rex. Chocolate based agouti. The others sure look like they are carrying the vienna gene. The moment you add the vienna gene to the equation, I'm out of the genetics game, since I have none in my herd.

Back