Counting My Pennies

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bad Habit

Reaction score
I need to win the lottery. Plain and simple.

Awesome little VM buck available. I want him so bad. He's got a 50$ price tag, though, and then a 25$ transport fee. I just bought a little blue eyed black doe for the same cost(same breeder), and now I want this little buck as well, but will end up spending all the money I have at the moment.

I can sell Crystal no problem once her litter is weaned, and make back some money. I could probably sell Snow, too, but don't want to get rid of all of my breeding age stock at once(Star is destined for my brother's dinner table, regardless if she produces kits or not - I don't think she's pregnant, but I will foster onto Hannah if she does produce.) I have a couple more small item sales lined up as well, which gets me a bit more cash...

The problem is, the big plant show is next weekend, and I want to spend my money there!

I'm debating sucking up and asking my dad if I can borrow money.

will there be potential down the road to buy a similar quality buck from this breeder?? If so, I'd hold off. You can always find another bunny.... :)

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

Sooooo, there may or may not have been a chance to buy a similar quality buck from the breeder, but she lives like 3hrs away. I had told her I was trying to make sure everyone would be fed, all the bills would be paid, and for me to still have enough left to buy the buck...

She's agreed to let me do a payment plan!! She'll send him up with the doe I'm getting, and I pay by the beginning of next month!!

I'm so happy I'm in tears. I can't get over how exciting it is, how helpful and nice and awesome she is. I'm shaking and crying, and I honestly think the last time I was this happy was when I got my dog 3yrs ago.

He has an ear tip marking like Dobby. I instantly fell in love with him because of it.

There are some minor conditions, which I am more than happy to accept and follow. She wants me to wait until he's 6mths plus to breed him. She wants first dibs if I ever sell him. She wants me to breed only the best quality to him, and would like to be able to offer advice regarding the does I am planning on breeding to him. Which is all fine by me, especially the advice, because she's put such hard work into her line, and I don't want to ruin it.

I can't wait to get them and show them off, lol!! I have wanted rabbits from this woman for a while, and she lives so far away, and it's all just fallen into place so quickly.

---

So, now I'm starting to get worried. I must have had some really good karma built up, because I just got a random email from someone who I emailed a couple weeks ago. She had a cage listed for sale, but someone was coming to pick it up. She emails me today, asking if I'm still interested. Well, I'm broke, and I tell her that, and ask the price. She asks what I have to spend, and I just throw out a number I feel is low balling it. She accepts. I'm getting a three level cage that I can split into three cages for 40$, if I pick it up when I'm at the plant show on Saturday.

---

My mom said we can take the big truck, and pick up the cage. The woman dropped her price to 30$.

This has to be my good karma for donating the rabbit to the retirement home, and sending the 2 rabbits to visit as well.

YAY THE THREAD IS STILL HERE!!!!

I went for a nap, and when I woke up, I was totally convinced it was all a dream.

Pay what forward? The trip by the transporter was cancelled, and now if I want the kits, it will be an additional 50$ in gas to the woman owning the rabbits currently.

WOW, BadHabit!!!

What luck! :p Good rabbits and a mentor, too!

:congratulations:

Bad Habit":xpf3lfny said:
Pay what forward?

She means do a good turn for someone else in the future. :)

I understand the concept of paying things forward. I said that because the rabbit sale fell through. I would have had to come up with $50 to get them, and it wouldn't be til the end of the month.

Bad Habit":1z2e87wv said:
I understand the concept of paying things forward. I said that because the rabbit sale fell through.

Oh no! :( I'm sorry.

I never said she did know. I was just saying that I couldn't pay forward something that didn't happen.

I'm sorry if I seem snarky about it, but because I'm an idiot, I agreed to sell my only rabbits of any quality, because I believed I had replacements coming. As of Friday, I will no longer have a breeding age buck. I have no one to blame but myself, I know, but I'm still not enthusiastic about it.

I would call the prospective buyer and explain the situation. Offer a discount on a couple of kits out of their next litter.

Latest posts

Back