could it be THEE colony tractor of all colony tractors?!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OhioGoatGirl,

Thanks for posting that. I've built a similar tractor for chickens and it worked well.

I e-mailed the author of the article asking about pictures, but the e-mail bounced. Bummer.

Mac

Mac_":azh48h7p said:
OhioGoatGirl,

Thanks for posting that. I've built a similar tractor for chickens and it worked well.

I e-mailed the author of the article asking about pictures, but the e-mail bounced. Bummer.

Mac
Me, too...so I just emailed the main contacts listed for SARE to see what they can do...I'd like to see photos & more construction details on the 'apartments' - will let you know what/if I hear from them. This sounds so much like what I'm wanting to do - thanks for sharing this link!

if i EVER get a moment i was hoping to draw it up the way i was imagining its supposed to be like... crazy here though so havent been able too. perhaps someone else could so some doodles to post?

This is the reply I got; I'll try to add the drawing file she attached.
Hello,
You sent an email to the reporting system at SARE about trying to contact a project leader from a previous project awarded in 2001. That is the most current information we have on this person. You will have to search the web or try contacting our SARE outreach person in New York state, Violet Stone (cc:d here) , as she may know if Gail Adamoschek is still farming and on her list.

I did find some drawings of the portable hutch in her paper file and have scanned them and attached them here. A photo would be much better but this is all that was submitted. Thanks for letting us know and I will upload this to the online reporting site for others to find.
Good luck,
Carol

__________ Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:27 am __________

Crap. Can't figure it out...maybe someone here I can email the file to who can post it?

My problem with a rounded top has always been the ends. So yeh, a picture is really worth a thousand words!

I've shot an email to OGG with the drawings - hopefully she got them & can post them here. They really don't help me much, but I'm a doofus, anyways, so...!! They're just simple sketches, no real measurements or any details. I'll try contacting this gal again to see if she's tracked down the original woman (Gail) that did the project.

Okay, just checked...the page at SARE now has the download link for the drawings...as I said: not much help.

Nice! But the problem I'm having is figuring out the 'apartments' mentioned in the original SARE project. I'm no carpenter, so I just don't picture what it'd take to form 4 apartments out of it.

All the way at the bottom of the document there is a link to the drawing.

http://mysare.sare.org/mySARE/assocfile ... iagram.pdf

This is greek to me. My boyfriend looked through it and said, "That makes perfect sense. I can build that." I also can't figure out the apartments. We're going to pick a buck - probably Skipper - and house him with the 3 does. I guess I'll just be buying the materials and leaving it up to the man to parse together the instructions next month. If he can successfully, I'll report back with pictures.

Back