corn day

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Reaction score
It's a bit of a hike across 42 acres in 90s F but so quick to get nice greens when you get there.
Growout colony
DSCN1377.jpg

Netherland pen
DSCN1379.jpg

The guinea pigs got their share too

females
DSCN1386.jpg

DSCN1385.jpg

Barberry the biggest male
DSCN1388.jpg

Feeding your rabbits corn? What's wrong with you? :lol:

Nice looking sables, though!!!

and the corn is gone. Apparently corn stalks are even tastier than cat tails. This way beats picking small greens by the handful. I think I'm gonna hit the mulberry tree next.

Are stalks a no-no too? just wondering? I admit thats why I looked satins, lol.

There's nothing wrong with the corn greens provided they haven't been sprayed with anything. It's the corn cobs, the grain, that is unhealthy.

I feed the husks to my horses and goats- they love them. As long as they are free of mold, it shouldn't be a problem.

*looks out the front door across the street to the acres and acres of corn.....*

*wonders if they'd notice if some went missing.....*

Mary Ann's Rabbitry":pe6012xj said:
I was wondering ,what about the corn husks?I bought some corn on the cob today and i would like to give to the rabbits the husks after pealing the corn. Can i?

Most of mine like the husks, but a few dont. They like playing with the silks if theres a lot

Thanks for posting this thread. I have a garden and am just havesting my corn when I saw this and have been feeding the green part of the stalk/leaves to the rabbits as the corn gets picked. They love it! It's pretty funny because as I put it in one cage, the rabbit in the next is trying to pull some through the cage for some and once everyone has their share it sounds like a crunchy symphony in the hutch! Great food idea,

Joe

Joe n TN":20rna9ql said:
Thanks for posting this thread. I have a garden and am just havesting my corn when I saw this and have been feeding the green part of the stalk/leaves to the rabbits as the corn gets picked. They love it! It's pretty funny because as I put it in one cage, the rabbit in the next is trying to pull some through the cage for some and once everyone has their share it sounds like a crunchy symphony in the hutch! Great food idea,

Joe
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I just joined. MaggieJ mentioned this forum on Homesteading Today.

And wanted to check feeding the leaves and stalks of corn.

If I understood all in this thread, it should be OK to feed the green leaves and stalks (but not the cobs or the corn kernels). Sound right?

Thanks, Mac_

I sometimes get a bushel of corn husks and stalks from a gal at the local farmer's market, never had a problem. :) My rabbits LOVE it and it seems to be good for fiber and stuff. Only one won't eat it, and he's kinda a silly thing. ;)

Back