Colour question on British Giant Kits?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussiegirl

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me what colour these two kits are (photo taken at 4 week old). I know the top kit is a grey of some sorts (but there are several varieties like chinchilla, steel etc - I still get muddled up).

There is another kit the same colour as the left one (they have a sort of reddish/blueish hue to them - they look more brown in the picture) the grey kit also looks slightly darker in the picture.

There are also 2 x brown Agouti kits, 1 x rew & another slightly darker grey kit with white ticking in the litter.

The Dam is a Brown Agouti & the Sire is Apollo (in my gallery) Chinchilla colour?.

Untitled Collage.jpg

The "grey" kit is a very lightly coloured black chinchilla (commonly seen in Flemish Giants) and might be a blue chinchilla (AKA squirrel)

The other kit is chestnut (black agouti) but the picture is blurry and I cannot tell if it is a blue agouti (AKA Opal) or a VERY smutty chinchilla that will loose the brown pigments with age

There is black agouti (chestnut) , chocolate agouti, blue agouti (Opal) or lilac agouti (Lynx) - brown agouti is not a rabbit colour

I believe Apollo is a black chinchilla

I have posted a picture of the kits mother (top) and another close up picture of one of the kits. I apologize for the quality of the pics.

Picture 011.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

Thanks Dood - you are certainly an asset to the Genetics section of this forum. <br /><br /> __________ Wed May 06, 2015 11:13 pm __________ <br /><br />
Dood":1eiiuni9 said:
The "grey" kit is a very lightly coloured black chinchilla (commonly seen in Flemish Giants) and might be a blue chinchilla (AKA squirrel)

The other kit is chestnut (black agouti) but the picture is blurry and I cannot tell if it is a blue agouti (AKA Opal) or a VERY smutty chinchilla that will loose the brown pigments with age

There is black agouti (chestnut) , chocolate agouti, blue agouti (Opal) or lilac agouti (Lynx) - brown agouti is not a rabbit colour

I believe Apollo is a black chinchilla

Hi there, I have decided to post some update pictures of the two British Giants kits that were in question colour wise? They are now 16 weeks old.

Picture 030.jpg

Picture 041.jpg

Latest posts

Back