Coincidence or dud?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiny Buns

Reaction score
We have a holland lop who we have been feeling is a dud rather than a stud after multiple failed pregancies with multiple does.

So, update, the last two tries were successful. Both does caught and kindled BUT doe #1 had 6 kits with 5 of them normal looking but born dead and doe #2 had 2 kits also born dead. Coincidence? Or is this the buck? Both does are proven and have successfully kindled before.

:S

it's hard to say.

I suppose the question you need to ask is

1. was he simply a late bloomer?
2. is it worth keeping him another month to see if it'll be a repeat
3. do you want to replicate his stuff in your herd? (whether it's genetics or just odd ball rabbit)

ladysown":1mhkyhz5 said:
it's hard to say.

I suppose the question you need to ask is

1. was he simply a late bloomer?
2. is it worth keeping him another month to see if it'll be a repeat
3. do you want to replicate his stuff in your herd? (whether it's genetics or just odd ball rabbit)

I am bringing him back to the breeder with full disclosure. I've had him for 7 months and have only 1 kit from him so I'm done fooling around. I just wanted to be able to say he's in good working order or keep your eye on him because he has questionable genes. It's a shame because he's from great stock and has many excellent physical qualities (SOP).

it could just be that his genetics don't work in your herd as well....

It's happened to me in the past.

Proven breeder in one herd. Moves to my herd can't get a single kit. Move him on to another herd.. and voila.. Kits. It can be annoying....

Latest posts

Back