close call

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shara

Reaction score
so my idiocy was confirmed today, and God was watching over us. Grampa came and took me shopping today, and I found a lot of really good deals, so was pretty pumped.

Opened the door and everything was foggy, and it smelt like burnt sugar.

I had left a towel on top of the stove. :doh:

We got home shortly before it would have gone in flames...actually it started to, and thats how I pinpointed the burning SOMETHING. We could have been made homeless today, if God hadn't directed me home instead of stopping at the other store, like I wanted to.

So I am sitting here, feeling the hand of God protecting us, and kicking my own butt for being such a dolt.

ugh, I'll tell, anyways. I woke up to the NZ kits, cold. I was warming them up, with the towel warmed on the stove. Then, when tey were warm, I set it down....and didnt even think about it.

THERE'S YOUR SIGN! lol. It was scary.

Oh,,SHARA!!! I know of many people out this way that use stoves for heating-- and too many members of the community lose their homes each year because of the absentminded placement of 'things' on stoves. Yes ,the Higher Power was taking care of you.
perhaps make a check list that you can not ignore as you walk out the door---The title: Is EVERYTHING Safe? and then list things like stove clearances, doors closed, water supply secure, animals confined,etc. You have too many things to keep track of- it's okay to write things down!!!

yeah, good advice! I will certainly not be setting things on it anymore. you'd think i'd already know from burning myself on the stupid thing (leaning on it, grabbing it) that it gets hot. der der der.

Glad you got home in time to catch it! It's a wonderful thing to feel the hand of God. It's even greater to recognize it!!!

Frosted Rabbits":2ctyk7hy said:
Oh,,SHARA!!! I know of many people out this way that use stoves for heating-- and too many members of the community lose their homes each year because of the absentminded placement of 'things' on stoves. Yes ,the Higher Power was taking care of you.
perhaps make a check list that you can not ignore as you walk out the door---The title: Is EVERYTHING Safe? and then list things like stove clearances, doors closed, water supply secure, animals confined,etc. You have too many things to keep track of- it's okay to write things down!!!

I have done this too, or forgotten something on the stove...Thank God, I never had a fire but it sure could have been....

Just recently in Houston, a lady that ran a home daycare left something on the stove while she went to the store, LEAVING THE KIDS SHE WAS WATCHING ALONE!!!!!!! :explode: WEll, the house burned down and killed four babies. And then the stupid girl ran off to Nigeria before they could arrest her...grrrrr....makes me so mad!

Back