Christmas Kitten Needs Name

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyPocket

Reaction score
Hello everybunny.

I know Christmas was three days ago (btw, merry Christas to everyone who celebrats it), but I got a call from my cousin yesterday asking me if I would take on of the three kittens their pet tom brought home (a moderday father :D ). Therefore I considere this young tom a Christmas gift. I got him this evening and is by far the sweetest cat we ever had in our house. The only problem; he is nameless and I have no idea what to name him. I need your help.

He is shy and my camera is pretty crappy so quality is almost nonexistent. All sugestions are welcomed. Also, speak up if you have any idea on his colour. Thanks in advance.

Merry Christmas! Such a cutie pie. My daughter is a cat person she said the kitten is a tabby..tawny or grey and black...no idea what to name him.....but she gave him a big Aaaawwwww :D

Rufus...He looks like a Rufus to me but then of course I'd end up calling him Roofie so maybe that wouldn't' be such a good idea. He looks so sweet. I want to pet him.

He is a mackerel tabby. His coloring looks light though. Not enough to make him a silver tabby but a bit unusual. If the yellow areas darken as he ages then he is regular mackerel tabby. If they light up and end up looking like the image below he is silver mackerel tabby. If he stays that strange in between color I don't have a clue. The tip of his tail looks normal black so that excludes dilution or chocolate. Silver in cats acts a bit like chin in rabbits it removes the yellow pigments from the coat but also adds some silvery undercoat so that a black cat with silver will have silvery cast to the coat.

Silver Tabby
500x792_symlink_5554668563_c9894818df_b.jpg

Hey. Thank you everyone for your suggestions. After some thinking I decided to try out Hasan, my friend's suggestion that means handsome man in Turkish (pretty manly I guess). If that doesn't work out I'll definitely try Teague or Ritz.

He's a cutie!

What does the rest of his coat look like? Does he have stripes on his body or does it look like chinchilla?

Back