Chocolate Magpie with pink/purple eyes

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJCRabbitry

Reaction score
I have my first two litters of my project in my barn. They are a mix between a Chocolate Magpie doe, Harlow, and an orange and black Harlequin, Riddler. They are Holland Lops. My other litter has the same sire, and she is a chocolate Harlequin. My question is referring to the first litter, the Chocolate magpie doe. Harlow has strange colored eyes, almost a purple, but at the same time, they look pink/red, sometimes even tan. She threw two kits in this litter, which is now a bit over 5 weeks, that are the same color as her, chocolate magpie. The other kits are an orange VM, a Chocolate Harlequin ( who has blue eyes ) and a blue/lilac magpie, we aren't sure yet. ( Has blue eyes also )
My question is, what is this? Is it a specific "color" name that I am missing, or is it something totally different? No vision issues, they aren't blind or impaired in any way. I'm just curious. :pancake:

The chinchilla gene found in magpies and the chocolate gene both effect eye colour. Add the Vienna gene and you've got another eye colour modifier :) and blue eyes can indicate a Vienna carrier and they may not have white spots.

This is the "blue" my adult chinchillas have, the kits are usually a brighter and cleaner blue

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 423

Latest posts

Back