Chocolate and black Silver Foxes

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ollitos

Reaction score
We picked up a year old Silver Fox buck and three of his offspring today at auction. All came with pedigrees. The father comes from a long line of chocolates but his dam was black and so is he. Honestly, I'm having a hard time telling the difference. I'm guessing that the kits are blacks as well.

Father
0526121328.jpg

one of the kits - 8 weeks old
0526121329.jpg

I can't get over how huge the father is! I will counting down the quarantine days because I'll have a couple does ready for rebreeding at about the same time.

Neat! I hope they pass quarantine!

Daddy looks very meaty... yum. :twisted:

The father is over 10lbs. His entire lineage is 9lbs or more. He came out of lines from Missouri.

I want one of the kits!!!
They all look black to me.
Found this pic of a chocolate, can't find any others. I personally don't like the color, maybe there are better ones out there. Idk.
I love the blues. =D Also not my pic, my doe is too young. Getting a trio soon to replace my bucks I lost.
brunx.jpg

Oct%202010%20Silver%20fox%203.jpg

CNB, we bought the kits to resell. If you're serious, we can talk. I'm determined to get down to you!! I know I'll be driving through Fredericksburg around Father's Day. Maybe then?<br /><br />__________ Sat May 26, 2012 6:30 pm __________<br /><br />Oh, sorry for the confusion.. she didn't say any of the kits were chocolate. I meant that I had no idea what to look for in Silver Fox coloring. To me, the father and the kits are different colors, but apparently they aren't?

Yes, silvering starts later on. My SF kits have started this week or so, they are 8wks. Which is surprising, since my older blue doe who I got from Whitmore hadn't started silvering when I got her. I guess mine are in a hurry to be pretty.

Yea, I'd like one maybe two depending on how much you're asking for em.

ChickiesnBunnies":l5gp9vot said:
I want one of the kits!!!
They all look black to me.
Found this pic of a chocolate, can't find any others. I personally don't like the color, maybe there are better ones out there. Idk.
I love the blues. =D Also not my pic, my doe is too young. Getting a trio soon to replace my bucks I lost.
brunx.jpg

Oct%202010%20Silver%20fox%203.jpg
Ahhh that "chocolate" is one of my daughter's pictures.. that's an Argente Brun cross, I think her mother was a Harlequin of all things... funny thing was, the whole litter got that stand-up fur of the Silver fox! I have never actually heard of/seen a real chocolate Silver Fox.

Back