Chestnut with harlie bellies??

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wyldrose

Reaction score
These 2 looked chestnut until I looked at their bellies!
They have harlie bellies. The dam is a chestnut flop x NZW (So she carries c). The male is a chocolate who carries ej and chd.

Harlie bellies?

Some stripes go up the sides

Brindle in mice is linked to the agouti gene, Agouti visable yellow. They look just like harlie rabbits, so this is really confusing me lol!

I get these all the time when my sisters magpie Mini lop fathers the litters.

The E-locus is weird.

A_ & E ej rabbits will be harlequinized agouti ie chestnut and chinchilla

BUT

A_ & ES ej will look self (but in my experience they have slight brindling when kits)

aa & E ej will look self

BUT

aa & cchl_ & Eej will be harlequinized sables

And of course

aa & ej_ will be harlequinized torts
aa & cchl_ & ej_ will be harlequinized sable points

Topics - post171824.html?hilit=Harlequinized#p171824

Rabbit genetics are so crazy!! lol!

I have 2 kids who look blue right now I am guessing they are chins cchd. It looks like the have some ticking already. Also one "black" kit looks like a steel.

dark belly (she's the biggest in the litter too lol)

The really red one is the one that I found frozen stiff across the rabbit shed when it was 3 days old. Glad I warmed her up she is a keeper :) I really should have just got in NZW I have too many keepers!!! I kept the flops son from a previous litter, he has one ear up and one down lol! I hope this keeper lops!

That harlie gene shows right through. I have chestnuts that are harlie marked, but not that strongly, brindling on the ears, light bars across the feet and some in the lap spots. No ee gene so i will never get a tri :(.

Yes, I examine all my chestnuts closely to try to keep track of who might be a carrier.<br /><br />__________ Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:51 pm __________<br /><br />
Dood":159btfyh said:
Skysthelimit":159btfyh said:
No ee gene so i will never get a tri
sure you will :D breeding two harlequinized broken castors ( A_ B_ C_ D_ Eej EN _ ) should give you 25% tri = A_ B_ C_ D_ ejej EN_

I was going to say no, my only ones are broken does (culled the bucks), but I just remembered I kept a castor buck. But it would be mother to son, or brother to sister and I'm not sure I want to keep the buck yet.

Latest posts

Back