check this black kit out.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skysthelimit

Reaction score
White undercoat. Really more like white coat black tipping.

No Chin gene present anywhere.

I have one guess...

Attachments

• Picture 056.jpg
    Picture 056.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 405
If you were closer, I'd send it, it's a cull for me.

Attachments

• Picture 055.jpg
    Picture 055.jpg
    419.1 KB · Views: 398
Don't be so hasty. I had a blue like that, and the fur eventually looked normal.

IMG_3679.JPG
IMG_3685.JPG

oh that tummy is so cute<br /><br />__________ Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:54 pm __________<br /><br />no one on the rex FB page can seem to figure it.
Blaming it on chin or shaded. There is no chin in these peds, even waaaaaaaaaayyyyyy back. These two breeders would have a fit if I said there were chins where they had no businss being,lol, in their highly linebred lines.

How long did it take yours? This doe was supposed to be the great Castor hope, but sh's one disapointment short of being culled, if these kits don't turn out right.

skysthelimit":1vjgahs1 said:
How long did it take yours?

A few months.

I was intending on keeping it and breeding it, but it was one of the ones I lost in the heat wave. :(

I have never seen a black like that but a friend fights this in her blue Havanas. They fur in normal colored, but you don't want to breed them into your herd it will bite you in the butt. Sadly a very nice buck she purchased at convention is a carrier of this trait. He is now my pet actually so my nieces and nephew have something to come down and pet easily. Fred is a well loved pet but will not be having any more ladies :/

Not to seem strange, but if they fur in normally, what's the harm? ( and you know I generally cull for anything).

Because your jrs can usually not be shown. If it's a DQ it's a DQ no matter if it gets hidden by adult fur or not. Why keep it around?

I wouldn't cull just because a juniors coat was too harsh, or a Jr Opal did not have a Rufus band, or a Jr Castor did not have rings in the right order, or if a Jr molted badly, or if it did not make Jr weight. All of those things can be rectified as it ages. Now if was a senior coat that would be a problem. It's only a three week old kit. At Jr prime, it may not even look like this. I don't really worry about showing as a Jr anyway, Rex take so long to grow, there's not much to competition at the Jr level.

Latest posts

Back