Cheap large rabbit cage options?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heartofagirl

Reaction score
I really want a larger rabbit hutch/cage. I found a 4'x2' cage on Klubertanz for $69.08 w/shipping, but I wonder about the location of the door and accessibility. Browsing home depot it looks like if I built it myself it'd be about the same price. And with the hardware cloth at home depot it's only 19 gauge, when I'm looking for 14-16 gauge. I'd like to keep the price from $50-100 if possible. I'm open to suggestions, and I love pictures since I'm a visual person. Also, this cage will be outdoors. Thank you.

A wire cage is really the cheapest, easiest to maintain outdoor option. It just takes a roll of hardware cloth, some j or o clips, and wire cutters which you can find at your feedstore for pretty cheap. If you are only making one cage the j clip pliers at the feedstore will do. For several cages get the more expensive ones off klubbertanz and you'll save a lot of hand pain. You can hang the cage off a pvc or wood frame (we coat in enamel to extend life and prevent things living or seeping in to the wood) and use zip ties to hold the cages in place. If you can find damaged or cheap dog crates the panels work great for doors and you just build the wire to the size of the door. I got some checkered giants from someone who used all dog cage panels for doors to her outside cages and pens which sat on wood frames. She had about 2 dozen cages made that way for less than $200. Make plywood boxes for shelters and stuff with shavings and straw in winter.

Latest posts

Back