Chat Temporary (How do we chat?)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobqdevon

Reaction score
What a surprise to turn on the computer and find the RT chatbox gone, and the chat room link on the side missing too.

Already going through withdrawals... :help: What do we do now?

I don't think I can second it, as I started the thread... But Fernie could... :twisted:

On a side note, we've got a lot of snow, a lot of wind, and a lot of drift mountains... Love winter in Wisconsin!

Weird weather here too, it's supposed to be 4c/39F tonight. In the middle of January, when it's supposed to be -20c for a daytime high temp. I'm boggled

it's down to 18F so far tonight. There's so much wind I can't even start a fire for heat. Ol standby propane will have to do tonight.

Here it's kind of like someone shifted all the weather back a month. We got snow a month earlier, had our extreme subzero temps about 3 weeks early, and now Jan is seeing temps close to or above freezing like our up and down days that usually happen from Feb through Mar.

We ended up with 2 dead vehicles today for the first time. Didn't find jumper cables in nearby stores to get my truck running and then the door sensor on the crv was acting up and turning the lights on. The wind was so strong today it wiggled the door causing it to repeatedly light up all day until the battery died. Luckily that double roadside service and warranty worked out. Within 20mins they had the crv running again for free and will fix it for free. For now the sensor is shut down.<br /><br />__________ Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:21 pm __________<br /><br />That post took 3 attempts. I'm still getting errors occasionally and slow loading times.

bobqdevon":3s2jlx2q said:
it's down to 18F so far tonight. There's so much wind I can't even start a fire for heat. Ol standby propane will have to do tonight.
Yeah, we finally had to turn the propane furnace on last week, when we had temps in the mid- to upper-teens a couple of nights in a row. It's back off, now... we use a couple of little ceramic heaters most of the time. A lot cheaper.

akane":3s2jlx2q said:
That post took 3 attempts. I'm still getting errors occasionally and slow loading times.
bobqdevon":3s2jlx2q said:
I got hit with a bunch of 504's tonight.
MidnightCoder is working on it. :)

Here central air and heat is a living requirement. People die every year from the cold either through vehicle trouble/accidents that strand them or loss of power with no other safe heat source. It's actually illegal to turn off someone's power or not fill a propane tank certain months out of the year even if the person has failed to pay. In summer the ER is always packed with people suffering heat stroke. They don't really do anything for them. Give them an oxygen mask and tell them to sit down in the ac. Half the er waiting rooms are people sitting around on oxygen.

Zass":jcmq5nsi said:
Why did the shoutbox have to come down?

Being a Techno-Peasant, I'm not clear on the details, but I know MidnightCoder has been working on that and is trying to address the 503 errors as well.

I'm sure we'll see a big improvement soon. :)

Morning all hope you kept warm last night. 14 F (-10 c) here this morning.

Someone should make this a sticky until we get a shout box back.
On that note; hey MidnightCoder I've been doing some looking around for a new chat and here is a link to 7 different ones. http://www.thefreecountry.com/php/live-chat-scripts.shtml phShoutBox has some nice features and the Admin side if things is very easy to use. Pretty much plug and play. Hope this helps some. :geek:

Morning everyone. We got down to about 10F last night. And to our surprise, at some point last night the propane furnace has decided it doesn't want to work. With the high winds yesterday, we couldn't light a fire. It was 70F in the house when I went to bed, and woke up to 53F. Just more fun to add to the January list.

Homer":1kj7pr6w said:

Why didn't I or Miss M think of that?!? :slap: Thankfully someone is on the ball around here! :bow:

Your wish is my command! :wizard:

Homer":1kj7pr6w said:
hey MidnightCoder I've been doing some looking around for a new chat and here is a link to 7 different ones. http://www.thefreecountry.com/php/live- ... ipts.shtml

I'll give MC the message. I know he is really busy trying to get all this figured out, so he probably isn't browsing our temporary chatbox right now.

MamaSheepdog":t043mfdq said:
Homer":t043mfdq said:

Thankfully someone is on the ball around here! :bow:
Lets not be spreading viscous rumors now. :clown:

Homer":t043mfdq said:
hey MidnightCoder I've been doing some looking around for a new chat and here is a link to 7 different ones. http://www.thefreecountry.com/php/live- ... ipts.shtml

I'll give MC the message. I know he is really busy trying to get all this figured out, so he probably isn't browsing our temporary chatbox right now.
I figured he was up to his "eyeballs in it" and was just trying to do a little leg work for him. :dig-hole: There are a ton of these things out there that are free but these seemed to have the most user and admin friendly features.<br /><br />__________ Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:39 pm __________<br /><br />
mystang89":t043mfdq said:
Any clue on why they made him take it down?
Some that are free say you can't be a "for profit" web site. Usually that means you can't have paying advertisers...just a thought.

Latest posts

Back