Cats!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Reaction score
No one told me I had to predator proof against cats. Our first colony litter was doing great and every time I pulled out a kit it was fat and happy. Somehow though there are 4 now instead of 9. I finally put it together when I found a body on the concrete floor in front of the horse stalls the colony is using. Cats! :angry: I don't know what we are going to do. I might take some screen door mesh and duct tape it along the top of the stall so it drapes down. Then cats won't be able to fit through the bars. They might still be able to jump over though. Warning to colony raisers. Make sure your kits are safe from cats.

I would put the wire bending out, with the cut ends (the poky stuff) out, if the cats can walk the stall walls past the guard wire, I would put pieces to block them, maybe even a tube, with the from cut to about a 6" above the stall and bent straight out in front and the back at 45* in a fan

I had a cat manage too sneak in the basement and ate 4 bunnies.i covered the cage in hardware cloth.

Latest posts

Back