caroline and rabbit pelts

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Celice

Reaction score
Hi guys!! long time no talk! I've been good and hibernating the winter away! Anyway, I'm trying to get a hold of Caroline on here I had to send her rabbits pelts to the tannery since the ones she sent me where so greasy that I wasn't able to do much with them. they will be back in about 7 months and was wondering if she still wanted them but for some reason I can't message her on here.

and on a side note I'm looking to buy some more rabbits pelts so if you have any let me know! :D

Celice":260cgcyj said:
Hi guys!! long time no talk!

Hi Celice! Good to see you back!

Anyway, I'm trying to get a hold of Caroline on here I had to send her rabbits pelts to the tannery since the ones she sent me where so greasy that I wasn't able to do much with them. they will be back in about 7 months and was wondering if she still wanted them but for some reason I can't message her on here.

*Gasp!* Caroline has fat rabbits?!? :eek: :lol:

I will send her a PM for you. :)

on a side note I'm looking to buy some more rabbits pelts so if you have any let me know! :D

Why don't you post in Buy, Sell, and Trade about that. I would be interested in knowing your pay range depending on pelt quality and exactly how you want them prepared- skinning method, how to freeze (skin in, fur in?) etc.

I have a bunch of young seniors that I will be processing soon. Satins and Rex. <br /><br /> __________ Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:24 am __________ <br /><br /> PM sent. :)

Hi Celice! Good to see you back!

I will send her a PM for you. :)

Why don't you post in Buy, Sell, and Trade about that. I would be interested in knowing your pay range depending on pelt quality and exactly how you want them prepared- skinning method, how to freeze (skin in, fur in?) etc.

I have a bunch of young seniors that I will be processing soon. Satins and Rex.

Howdy!! It's good to be back! XD

lol! they were very fatty but beautiful hides!! I got a few back from the tannery and they came out fantastic!

Thanks so much!!

Yeah!! I'll do that! I'm very interested in some satin and rex pelts :D

I was lucky enough to work with a few of her's too.
Gorgeous pelts.
They were very greasy, because they were air-dried....IMO Trapper/air dried pelts are the hardest for home tanners to rehydrate and work with.
Such nice quality though, they were really worth it! :)

Zass":2ywovj6y said:
I was lucky enough to work with a few of her's too.
Gorgeous pelts.
They were very greasy, because they were air-dried....IMO Trapper/air dried pelts are the hardest for home tanners to rehydrate and work with.
Such nice quality though, they were really worth it! :)

Yep, I found that out when I tried to tan them. I had to stop mid way and just send them to the tannery this way they come back so soft and flexible.

I hope to get some good rexs this year from my sallander buck

hi celice,
you can email me [email protected] <br /><br /> __________ Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:58 pm __________ <br /><br />
MamaSheepdog":3rx05bo1 said:

Yes, my son just helped me harvest 19 more today and even the young ones had FAT!
But we LOVE rabbit fat.
And the raw feeding "experts" will tell you that you can't feed just rabbit to dogs because there isn't enough fat.
Tell that to my dogs.

caroline":3ecrf7gl said:
Yes, my son just helped me harvest 19 more today and even the young ones had FAT!
But we LOVE rabbit fat.
And the raw feeding "experts" will tell you that you can't feed just rabbit to dogs because there isn't enough fat.
Tell that to my dogs.
A little off topic, but do you feed your dogs whole carcasses with all the organs (fur on or off)? I've done that once or twice with smaller rabbits (after skinning) and my dogs devour *everything*. Is that bad?

Deer Heart":2fhf7ugt said:
caroline":2fhf7ugt said:
But we LOVE rabbit fat.
Tell that to my dogs.
A little off topic, but do you feed your dogs whole carcasses with all the organs (fur on or off)? I've done that once or twice with smaller rabbits (after skinning) and my dogs devour *everything*. Is that bad?

I skin the rabbit, not for the dogs' sake, it's so I can have the pelts ;) Then I sometime take the liver for myself.
But most of the time I just take out the intestines & gall bladder, probably don't really need to bother. I know that many people just give the whole thing to the dog. Nothing wrong with that.

Right now I am still feeding a litter of LGD pups and so I have been chopping the rabbits into meal sized pieces when i harvest.
That way feeding time goes faster for me. I bag with the right # of pieces for the pups and then freeze/

Latest posts

Back