Carcicle!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMTex

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, I'm easily impressed.

It was clear and dry when I got to work. This was after only a few hours. We don't get this kind of stuff around here too often. The doors are even frozen shut.

So post yours and put mine to shame! :) (Sorry, I had to lower the resolution to let it upload. Hopefully, you can still see the ice.)

image.php

I have 100ft cords to run from where I usually park to the house, lol.

I was thinking of starting an it's so cold thread...

Oooh, Tex, I bet your Beemer (Edit: oops! Wrong make! Can you tell I'm not too into cars?) would :runhills: if it saw Shay's truckcicle in the rearview mirror!

It's a beautiful clear day here, but I do have one to share. Not exactly a carcicle pic, but the best I have:

IMG_7191.JPG

Not going to freeze just for pictures of snow :p: My truck is solid white cause it hasn't moved in 2 months. I wonder how much ice is under that snow.... My husband's crv has 2' thick ice chunks all along the bottom and the bottom of the passenger door keeps jamming on the ice and not closing all the way.

TMTex":3swg11a7 said:
Wow, MSD! Is that in California? I didn't think you'd get snow there. :shock:

Yup! We are at an elevation of 4350 feet, so we do get snow occasionally. It usually melts within a day or two, so it is actually fun to have snow, as opposed to dealing with it for months at a time. :cool:

akane":3swg11a7 said:
Not going to freeze just for pictures of snow :p:

:chicken: :tease:

akane":3swg11a7 said:
My truck is solid white cause it hasn't moved in 2 months.

Whoa. That's no fun.

Sure it works to open the door for a few seconds but here that water then freezes to create even more ice. You may not get back out of the vehicle. My husband thought it smart to dump hot water over the frozen latch on the chicken coop door. Later we had to smash at it with a hammer because it had just put another layer on. It gets cold enough that when you spill warm water out of a horse bucket it freezes before hitting the ground and skitters across the concrete in little round bits of ice. I used to sneak up on my sister and freeze her shoes to the concrete lol

known a lot of people who have cracked windshields and driver door windows by using even cold water!!! And yes, water will then get into the locks, freeze solid, and the key becomes useless--
the winter I lived in Anchorage, I sent my youngest brother a picture of the car with te block heater plugged in- no buildings in the background. he wanted to know what it was-- I told him it was so cold, that gasoline would freeze, so it was the charger for the electric car' battery. I told him we lived in a huge apartment igloo, and in the summer, after the igloos melted, the landlord provided huge tents--

he was 12 at the time...

Latest posts

Back