Can somebody sex my kits?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rabbitcutie

Reaction score
:wbounce: :bananadance: :bananadance: here are 3 of my five kits that are 4 days old. please sex them so that i can name them:)
you should see their ears! pics later... :bunnyhop:

Attachments

• bun.JPG
    bun.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 362
  • whit.JPG
    whit.JPG
    330.1 KB · Views: 362
  • grey.JPG
    grey.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 362
Most people can't tell before 2 weeks and that is hard. I have had almost 95% accuracy at 3 weeks but there is always that one the sex change fairy enjoys tricking us with.

Okay.. I'm totally new at this so I view it like a pop quiz... all male?

there is really no point in naming them until you know for sure they will survive to weaning. Seriously. At this point they are only four days old, they can get dragged out of a nestbox, get separated from the rest, get wet, cold, run into a virus or bacteria that affects them poorly.

It prevents MUCH heartache if you do not name them until you know for sure they are yours to keep and hold and love on.

I agree about attachment. I lost one at two weeks which really surprised me.

I usually guess the sex, keep a record using the picts of the day old kits. It's more like fun to see if I can get good at it. Every week I turn them over and check. But since I am using them for meat, I don't name them. I've lost a 4 week old kit, a 13 week old kit, a 6 week old kit and just culled two Thursday. These kits here don't get names or tatts until they are 4-6 mos, and I sell them or plan to keep them.

here's my guess, two males and a female. I can't really see what I want to see on the last pict.

Is there any way you can get pictures that are a bit bigger and more clear? I'm having a hard time seeing correctly.

Agreed about the naming. I like to know the genders early though.

OneAcreFarm posted some great pics for sexing newborns: topic6152.html

You can zoom in on the pictures a bit, too. :)

I'm guessing male, female, female, but the pictures really are not big or clear enough.

Latest posts

Back