Can rabbits eat Kiwi?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm eating a fair bit of fruit lately and don't like wasting things.

SO.. can rabbits have kiwi? kiwi skins?
I have no tester rabbits right now.

It appears on at least one "safe" list without any "don't feed the peel" warning. Just remember that fruit is high in sugar (especially kiwis" and too much sugar is a bad thing for rabbits. I'd give a taste but not much more.

among 20 rabbits a taste is all they would get. :) three kiwis a day doesn't leave a lot of peel for them. :) thanks!

Yep. When I was having GI trouble I made my own smoothies out of kiwi, banana, and berries since those were the only fruits I could tolerate and the only type of fiber I could tolerate. The rabbits got all the peels and never suffered from it. Since I was only feeding the house rabbits I split it between 2 days since it was 20 kiwis and 8 bananas at a time.

I only give them kiwis that are too sour for me to eat. They may be too sour for them too cause they are usually only half eaten for a while before disappearing. They keep a long time in the fridge so you probably didn't have to give them to the rabbits.

What about leaves and branches? My neighbor has a 'tree/shrub/tangle' of kiwi and I would love to have a reason to hack away at the portion on my side of the fence...BTW, he is cool with it...

Back