Can I share my cage photos with you?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzzy9

Reaction score
Sorry all.....haven't been around too much, been occupied with some other things that have kept me busy. But I was rearranging some things in the rabbitry today, and looking around was pretty excited by what I was seeing. Thought I'd share.

Not sharing the cages technically, it's what's in the cages, and it has everything to do with my little spotted project. :D Processed a few over due meaties yesterday, and that freed up some much needed space for me to separate my spotted keepers! I love walking into a rabbitry filled with my little broken beauties!

Top: Senior NZB doe Pretty Girl. 2 years old, 11 lbs.
Bottom: 10 week old buck (Doe was Pretty Girl (NZB) Buck was Jasper (broken black/white 3/4 Cal 1/4 English Spot). May not keep him, raising him, and another junior spotted from this litter to see which one does better. The other one is ahead so far. 4 1/4 lbs at 9 1/2 weeks.
Rabbits-2137copy_zpsb35bee19.jpg

Top: 7 week Chinchilla broken doe. (Doe was Bug (3/4 Cal 1/4 English Spot) Buck was Houdini (NZW).
Bottom: Sex change fairy struck this one! Thought it was a buck, but it's a doe. Sibling to the chin doe above, same parents. Had it been a buck it would be culled because it's kind of runty, but keeping it because it's a doe, and a different line now out of my NZW buck.
Rabbits-2135copy2_zpsf73f8e8f.jpg

Top: Houdini (NZW) 2 years old. 10 1/2 lbs.
Bottom: 10 week old doe (Doe was Pretty Girl (NZB) Buck was Jasper (broken black/white 3/4 Cal 1/4 English Spot). 5 lbs at 9 1/2 weeks.
Rabbits-2141copy_zpsf3538ba5.jpg

Top: Grace - 10 week old doe (Doe was Pretty Girl (NZB) Buck was Jasper (broken black/white 3/4 Cal 1/4 English Spot). 5 1/4 lbs at 9 1/2 weeks.
Bottom: Black Doe (NZB) with her 6 NZB kits. 1 year old. 11 lbs.
Rabbits-2143copy_zps9368dcef.jpg

Top: Jasper (broken black/white 3/4 Cal 1/4 English Spot). 8 1/2 lbs.
Bottom: Bug (3/4 Cal 1/4 English Spot). 8 lbs.
Rabbits-2145copy_zps2a3da240.jpg

10 week old buck (Doe was Pretty Girl (NZB) Buck was Jasper (broken black/white 3/4 Cal 1/4 English Spot). 4.75 lbs at 9 1/2 weeks. The bucks grow slower than the does do. This will probably be my 2nd generation keeper junior buck.
Rabbits-2150copy_zps14d5d796.jpg

I've got 3 other stackers.....one has my junior NZB buck and doe in, the other has a meat litter I'm raising, and the other is empty waiting to wean the 6 NZB kits. I'll raise my junior spotted that I have now, and then work on generation 3 spotted kits! I'm really starting to see progress with my spotted project! :D

I love the broken chin. Love your cages too. The black tubs where do you get those? I gather they are a super sized pan.

Thank you for sharing your photos :)

I too am curious what size the black tub is and where do you find them ?

I used to build cages out of wire and do my own metal pans. I am thinking something similiar to what you have made. I would get one of the son's to do the wood part for me, and I would cut the wire for the units. I am going to want my first cages independent of each other. I don't have the room to run long units. So if and when I want to make changes, I can move them by myself.

I have 3 mini rex adult, had 10 babies, keeping 3.
1 mini lop male. Mine are either white, black, or white/black spotted.

Fire-Man":2kfm2twy said:
You can get these tubs from Tractor Supply that fit perfect under a 24x36.
http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/t ... --35-cu-ft

Thank you ! :)
I have never seen such a item in our TSC.
They carry the brand but all they have is the big heavy bowls.
I use several of them for chicken water pans. Works slick in the
winter when one has to thaw them.

Guess I need to stop and ask, and maybe they can get a couple in for me.

TwoAcreDream":kfy5tur0 said:
Fire-Man":kfy5tur0 said:
You can get these tubs from Tractor Supply that fit perfect under a 24x36.
http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/t ... --35-cu-ft

They carry the brand but all they have is the big heavy bowls.
I use several of them for chicken water pans. Works slick in the
winter when one has to thaw them.

I was thinking the same thing, I checked last time I went for food. I'll take the item number up and see if they can find some. They have them at Home Depot but I don't think they are as large.

Thanks everybody! It's nice to finally be seeing some progress with the spotted project! :)

The pans are 8" deep, and are 36x24, fitting perfectly. We get ours from Fleet Farm or Menards has them too..........they are called concrete mixing tubs.

The ones in the link posted.......we have those ones too, but we didn't like them. The round lip on the top allows for more leakage over the top, but by all means, if that's all you have access to they are wonderful! Very light weight and durable also.

Looking good!!<br /><br />__________ Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:02 am __________<br /><br />Fuzzy9, I looked for the concrete mixing tubs on fleetfarm and menards on-line and came up empty. Would you mind sharing the link? Thank you.

TwoAcreDream":3q3r0wl4 said:

I know every Tracror Supply is not set-up exactly the same. My TS has them on the shelf above the 50# bags of rabbit feed.

Latest posts

Back