Can I feed these???....It would be cool if I could.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessykah

Reaction score
I got these boxes (48 of them) from my aunts' bakery & fine foods stores for FREE....I guess they didn't sell, and I don't want to eat them (I am on a diet, and they are REALLY crunchy texture anyway). I gave a little sample to my dutch buck and he gobbled it right up. Do you guys think (based on the ingredients) that I could give them to the rabbits (like one cracker per rabbit per day) as a treat, so I don't waste them? I don't know anyone who would want them. I thought I would like them but I don't. I don't want to waste them....Do these ingredients alarm you for feeding to rabbits? Thanks.

Attachments

• DSCF0496.JPG
    DSCF0496.JPG
    378.9 KB
  • DSCF0497.JPG
    DSCF0497.JPG
    424.6 KB
  • DSCF0498.JPG
    DSCF0498.JPG
    453.4 KB
  • DSCF0499.JPG
    DSCF0499.JPG
    412.1 KB
  • DSCF0500.JPG
    DSCF0500.JPG
    411.7 KB
  • DSCF0501.JPG
    DSCF0501.JPG
    436.5 KB
Oooh! Trader Joe's carries a cracker like that, and I LOVE them! :p

I don't think it will hurt them as an occasional treat. Lucky bunnies!

LOL Thanks Mary Ann. Not a major diet. Just don't want to have to buy bigger clothes to support my weight gain.

Schipperkesue, are you in Ontario for the holidays? For how long? How close are you?

__________ Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:08 pm __________

MamaSheepdog, how do you eat them? Cream cheese? I like the taste of them. They are just a little hard and dry for me I think. But if I could serve them up as hors d'oeuvres at a gathering, maybe I shouldn't waste them on the buns?<br /><br />__________ Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:10 pm __________<br /><br />6.99 ea X 48...that's $335.52 retail

Jessykah":1xpirsxf said:
MamaSheepdog, how do you eat them?

Straight out of the box! :lol: They would be good with cream cheese- or the Wensleydale with cranberries that we are having as hors d'oeuvres with a much plainer cracker... you wouldn't care to drop over with a box or two, would you? :p

dayna":1xpirsxf said:
I also think they would be good served to guests. lol Or given to neighbors!

Or RT friends!

I would LOVE to be able to just "drop by" in CA (or any other place) for a visit and cracker delivery! AHA!! But I am stuck here in all this snow....giving to neighbours is a good idea.

you could drop off a box for me... I"m in ontario and we could hopefully have a nice visit too! :) come on, wouldn't that be fun? and perhaps you could save my sick doe for me too.....

Oh I wish I could Ladysown. But you are quite far from me. Perhaps one day we can visit. I still want a harlequin from you LOL...sorry about your doe :(

I think they'd be fine in moderation; fattening to the bunrabs if they are given too many. I save stale bread and let it get hard for use as a treat.

Hmmm....Schipperkesue, you are closer to Ladysown right now than to me. I am almost 5 hours away, in Pembroke. I've been to Alberta in winter, and I do not envy you. You should stay in Ontario. LOL

Not to worry, Schipperkesue! That's not a hijack... just a little thread drift. :D

Jessykah, I see no reason why you could not feed small portions of these to the buns - especially in winter when they can use a bit of a boost, but they sound really good and I think you could enjoy them too if they were not such a hard, crunchy texture.

Try this: sprinkle one with a few drops of water and microwave for 20-30 seconds. It should soften them into a more cookie-like texture. Worth a try!

When I want to soften something, I put it in the microwave on defrost for
1 minute. Then I check it after so many seconds. If not where I want it,
then back again for so many seconds and check again.

You can put those as is in their original boxes and slide them into
a ziplock bag each. Store some in the freezer and some in the refrigerator.
You should be able to save all the ziplocks and reuse them.
Or use something like old bread bags to cover them.

Latest posts

Back