calf manna

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I ordered a bag of calf manna.. is it the same as manna pro.. I think......I want to start adding it for the rabbits.. but ... I know of a large breeder that was giving it to the babies as they were coming out of the box to feed with mom.. He gave to much and the whole litter died... does anyone give any at this age..

I haven't had any calf manna for a while, but a friend recommends that it be given if a rabbit needs to gain weight. It's very fattening, and only sparing amounts should be used. I found it actually does make my rabbits have a healthier, shinier coat.

I was advised to give this to early-weaned kits once, and they got sick. Several died.

A litter of fryers was given a bit too. Just a top dressing on their pellets at feeding time, maybe a tablespoon? They all got diahrea. The adults just overproduced cecotropes, like they do every time I give them anything rich. :roll:

I hated it, and gave the rest of that way-too-expensive bag to my chickens.

I think it was too fatty for my 16% pellet bunnies to handle.
I don't care for corn in rabbit food either, and it's a main ingredient.

Zass":28nl3tlq said:
I was advised to give this to early-weaned kits once, and they got sick. Several died.

A litter of fryers was given a bit too. Just a top dressing on their pellets at feeding time, maybe a tablespoon? They all got diahrea. The adults just overproduced cecotropes, like they do every time I give them anything rich. :roll:

Wow!!!! My rabbits are all on 16% and they did just fine. :shock: I can understand hating it that much.

HoppinHalfPints":29lpkqu4 said:
Zass":29lpkqu4 said:

Wow!!!! My rabbits are all on 16% and they did just fine. :shock: I can understand hating it that much.

It is always surprising how different foods can effect different herds and bloodlines!

Well, I should have known better than to give weanlings something they hadn't started on. You know, something their mother hadn't already been eating.

I'll be careful with Calf Manna as well, I forgotten I was also supplementing that along with the pellets.

Latest posts

Back