Calcified kits *Warning: Graphic*

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Celice

Reaction score
I had a doe die on me. She had blood smeared on her tail and I didn't think anything of it since she seemed spunky and alert, but it went all downhill after that. She lost weight and despite me efforts, she died. I opened her up and this is what I found:

calcified_2_by_tricksters_taxidermy-d8yatmt.jpg

calcified_by_tricksters_taxidermy-d8yatd9.jpg

The kits were like little rocks, and there was all this white/yellow stuff around them; I'm not sure what it was.

To bad she kicked the bucket! I liked her she was my baby... :cry: :weep: :cry_baby:

Bye, Bye Umi you will be missed....

new_arrivel_by_trickster_of_asgard-d6aiygd.jpg

Susie570":3qosz687 said:
How long ago did you breed her?

I bred her way back in april and I thought she didn't take so I just left her with the buck since they got along so well and seemed happier with each other.

Zass":25cgyomg said:
Oh how strange.
Umi was such a beauty too. Sorry you lost her. :(

yeah, she was special to me. a little bundle of cuddles and kisses. I should have kept one of her earlier kits. well, I still have some that are from her line so I'll work on it.

She really was a pretty girl! So sorry you lost her.

Had you kept her with the buck since April, then? If so... just a theory... could she have been too nervous to kindle with him there and this a retained litter that became infected?

Zinnia":31h4v6b4 said:
Had you kept her with the buck since April, then? If so... just a theory... could she have been too nervous to kindle with him there and this a retained litter that became infected?

She didn't seem nervous around him at all they were really lovey-dovy with each other. I'd catch them laying on top of each other and grooming each other with lots of affection between them. Plus, I don't have that trouble with the colony does that is made up of 19 rabbits in all. I think this kit was too big, it seemed really large.

EnglishSpot":181fn286 said:
https://www.yahoo.com/health/doctors-find-50-year-old-fetus-in-womans-abdomen-122175928403.html

Yeah! I remember seeing that on youtube. That's something else!

Latest posts

Back